Location: Irving, TX
The QA Engineer will be responsible to ensure high level of quality and user experience on SiriusXM applications across various streaming platforms. The engineer will leverage their specialized automation experience in understanding of streaming platforms and SiriusXM applications to design, execute, maintain and document results of various automation test suites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Primary responsibility is to test the SiriusXM application across devices such as Mobile Devices, Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV.
* The Engineer will design, maintain, document and execute automation test suites that ensure every release shipped to customers is of highest quality.
* Utilize their experience and specialized knowledge of these platforms to perform root cause analysis on identified issues and clearly document test results.
* Monitor quality in production and non-production environments.
* Maintain and update automated test systems as functionality changes evolve the products.
* Document defects in release tracking tools such as JIRA with all information required for engineering team members to work on.
* Triaging issues using third party tools such as Charles Proxy, Fiddler, Xcode and Android studio.
* Work closely with the development teams to ensure that requirements and implementations are understood clearly in order to design accurate and comprehensive test cases.
* Code test cases per industry standards. Represent the customer in the design and test sessions.
* Participate in Scrum meetings to help keep the mobile app testing in sync with development activities of the Streaming Media Services engineering efforts.
* Work directly with Development, product and IT Ops on all phases of SDLC.
* Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
* 1+ years of experience as a software automation engineer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering commercially deployed products to market.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good understanding of cloud-based applications and application deployment.
* Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time.
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
* Prior experience and knowledge of integration points for mobile platforms such as iOS, Android a must.
* Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objective.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
* Proven working experience in test automation tools like Expresso, Selenium and Appium.
* Experience in Java development and object-oriented design.
* Experience with one or more of the following: Cocoa, Java, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Android SDK, other mobile SDKs.
* Has delivered at least 1 product, preferably in an Agile Development team as an automation QA or developer.
* Experience with working with client-server architecture and RESTful services.
* Must be able to derive test cases using design and requirements.
* Strong working knowledge of mobile development environments.
* Analytics skills to debug issues using specialized tools like Charles proxy, Xcode, Android Studio.
* Working knowledge of UNIX, JSON and SQL.
* Problem solving skills to perform detailed root cause analysis.
* Must have knowledge to write test queries, troubleshoot and analyze results.
* Experience working with SCRUM or Agile development environment a plus.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.