QA Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a QA Engineer who has a passion for helping create reliable, bug free user experience and a background writing automated integration tests.
As a QA Engineer, your typical week would involve collaborating with product, design, editorial, engineering teams and outside vendors to plan the build out test suites for new features. You will participate in product feature and architecture design reviews to identify concerns and risks early in the product life cycle. You will build and maintain tools and frameworks to support ongoing automated testing efforts on all supported mobile platforms and browser configurations. You will be developing and maintaining test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure sufficient test coverage of our mobile, web, and backend applications.
You are not expected to have experience with all technologies listed in this posting. We're looking for experienced QA Engineer that love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, and enjoy working collaboratively.
This role will be based in our NYC office, at a desirable wework office in Soho area. Joining our newly formed NYC engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to help develop a strong engineering culture, adopt efficient and practical PRD process and collaborate with our extremely talented and passionate design, product and editorial teams on site to drive 10x growth for our business.
Within 1 month, you will:
* Learn the QA process and tools that the QA team uses
* Join your assigned feature development team and get up to speed with the current project
* Learn about Acorns products, features, and architecture
* Assist devs and QA with testing new features
* Updated or added your first automated test
Within 6 months, you will:
* Understand QA process and tools
* Have knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
* Take ownership of testing new features
* Develop and maintain automated tests for new and existing features
Within 12 months, you will:
* Have deeper knowledge of Acorns products, features, and architecture
* Recommend and implement improvements to QA process and tools
What you will bring to Acorns:
* 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or BS in Computer Science or related field
* Working knowledge of test methodologies, processes, and tools
* Experience with Selenium or similar web browser automation frameworks
* Experience testing RESTful APIs
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
* Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and have excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Experience with Unix (Linux preferred)
What we offer:
* Competitive salary and stock options
* A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
* Unlimited paid time off
* Active WeWork community with weekly team lunches & an endless supply of snacks
* Convenient location in the heart of SoHo
* Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
* Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
* The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
* Lead with heart
* Make bold decisions
* Always build trust
* Never stop growing
* Advance our society
Acorns is a finance company that allows individuals to round up purchases and automatically invest the change.