About the team:
Turbonomic is the global leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud, an Inc Fastest Growing Company for three years and a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we are growing our QA team to meet our customers journey to digital transformation. As part of our world-class engineering team, you will help test new features for the Turbonomic Platform which is the control system to manage workload performance, costs, and efficiency. Our QA team is building our automation framework to accelerate our development cycles. This is a hybrid position where you'll contribute to manual processes and building automation features with the goal of increasing our automation testing.
What you will do:
* Design QA methodology and test approaches that validate features developed by agile teams and ensures the accuracy of the requirements.
* Drive, scope, design and code automated tests.
* Create automation best practices.
* Participate in our agile process by being an active contributor in daily standups, sprint kick-offs, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
* Make recommendations for improvements in how we engineer our products.
* Perform manual and automated QA processes for new releases, and for routine maintenance. Report defects and testing status
* Design test environment in QA Lab
* Simulate real-world deployments of the products, and reproduce customer issues
What you bring:
* Experience writing code in Java or python (or ability to pick it up)
* Experience testing virtualization or storage software intersecting with additional background in ANY of the following: virtualized storage, VMWare vCenter, VMware storage stack, Xen, Hyper-V, NetApp, HP3Par, VDI, flash, caching, server-side storage, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, GCP), Cloud-native, SQL proficiency, familiarity with AWS and careful performance studies, distributed file systems, or distributed object stores.
* Advocate for all facets of product quality (usability, scalability, maintainability, etc)
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science (or comparable work experience)
* At least 1 year of experience as a test engineer or relevant internship/co-op experience
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by using our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company - both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We're headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often and are curious learners. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast
Benefits and Perks:
health is a #1 priority for us, we've got you covered.
flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is important.
we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
jump in and grow your career
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.