The Senior QA Engineer will work with the Systems Analysts, Development, and Project Management to understand the business/product requirements and system requirements. The Senior QA Engineer will be responsible for the design & implementation of tooling & infrastructure for testing API's as well as collaborating with other product teams to create and evolve policies, best practices, and testing frameworks for distributed systems testing. There will be a high degree of autonomy given to meet these responsibilities.
* Create the Test Plan for the software release, defining resources, and test suites required for each test cycle, dependencies, risks, and the overall strategy for testing complex systems or applications
* Provide support (in the form of monitoring, testing, troubleshooting/test-assist to Operations, Engineering, and Customer Service groups for all product offerings, to include mobile applications
* Review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
* Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, regression and system testing.
* Test execution in a multi-tiered-based architecture.
* Performs troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems.
Knowledge and Experience
* Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Experience in testing browser based UI applications.
* Experience in testing systems which communicate via APIs is desired.
* Programming skills (sufficient to write automation scripts, and to validate test results in a database, or through some other non-GUI based method)
* Experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments.
* Ability to build and maintain a QA lab environment
* Fixed Income experience with Municipal, Corporate, and Treasury bonds
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Ability to work independently and productively under pressure.
* Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in enterprise application testing (test case development and execution)
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and decision making ability.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
* Job Type: Standard
* Schedule: Full-time