This position will be focused on creation and development of neural networks for automated inspection, defect identification, and defect classification. As a member of the Quality & Mission Success "QualTech" team, you will be involved in projects focused on implementing autonomous and/or controlled drone technologies (aerial, snakes, crawlers) for use in performing inspections of F-35 aircraft in production and sustainment environments. Your tasks may vary from developing prototypes/concept demonstrations to official implementation of a new and approved technology based inspection system with supporting business case development and decision making. Some tasks will require developing and reviewing specifications, working with universities and private companies as partners in a collaborative environment, as well as performing design and production readiness reviews. Strong programming and mathematical capabilities is required and experience with machine vision is desired. In addition to Microsoft office, projects will require use of networking software and devices such as cameras, Skype, iPhone, etc as a minimum. Programming languages and technologies used includes MatLab, Python, Arduino, Pixy, iOS and Unix. CATIA, or equivalent, design software experience is needed with the ability to conduct design reviews using 2D, models, and 3D printing methods. Good communication skills, motivation and a team-oriented attitude are required, since you will be working with the different teams to investigate their needs and translate these into requirements for the various opportunities.
* Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
* Convolutional Neural Network Experience
* Strong programming and mathematical capabilities
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
* Automation programming experience (MatLab, Python, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, C+, or other equivalent automation programming languages)