Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world - anywhere, anytime and on any device. Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues.
Imagine Communications Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, genetics and any other protected group status or non-job related characteristics as directed by law.
Specific duties include but are not limited to
We are looking for an experienced core back-end Software Developer. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, integration and implementation within our multiscreen delivery solutions.
You will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions to complex problems. You will work with other developers and technical leads to design and develop robust designs and components for high- performance critical workflows.
The Software Developer will report to the Targeted Delivery solutions Manager.
* Actively contribute as a Software Developer on an agile development team.
* Design and implement critical features based on product requirements.
* Work closely with the design team and PLM throughout the development process from initial design to software integration
* Maintain existing functionality and provide engineering support for released products.
* Successfully meet the targeted project timeline (Target vs. Actual) and objectives.
* Analyze and tune system designs to identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks
* Identify process improvement opportunities and lessons learned with the team, functional areas and communicate recommendations.
* Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with internal/external customers, ensuring objectives and customer satisfaction are achieved.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
* Solid foundation in computer science with in-depth understanding of system architecture, object- oriented design, concurrent programming, inter-process communication, operating systems and network fundamentals
* Strong Java and/or C++ development skills
* 4+ years professional software development experience including multi-threaded application development.
* Experience with distributed systems at large scale, HA solutions.
* Experience with public clouds, specifically Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
* Ability to analyze, prototype and debug solutions and accurately communicate the results
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Knowledge of software engineering principles and best practices
* Proven ability to work independently and with teams; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
* Well-developed oral & written communication skills
* Linux OS experience
* Clean Coder - can write elegant code, which works and it's easy to read and maintain.
* Adaptability - willingness to learn new tools, languages, and processes. Adjust to changing priorities and assignments.
* Versatile & adaptable to new tools & challenges
* Ability to support multiple projects.
* Experience with Jira and Confluence specifically for agile development.
Software development on Linux and familiarity with commercial Linux distributions.
Experience with the following areas:
* MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video and audio compression
* Adaptive Bitrate Streaming (ABR), specifically DASH and HLS
* Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, SSH)
* Agile software development practices - XP, Kanban or Scrum.
* Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment environments.
* Distributed systems or scalable enterprise software systems.
* Experience with common scripting and automation languages like Python, Ruby, and Perl
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications provides digital video processing and edge multiplexing solutions.