The QA Automation Lead will independently prepare and execute tests as well as manage all aspects of the testing effort, including plans, schedule, and tools. Candidate must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate the implementation of applications against the functional and technical specifications and assist other QA team members through careful planning and test automation.
The QA Automation Lead Will
* Define Automation test plans and ensure successful implementation
* Implement the Enterprise Quality Assurance Automation processes, guidelines and best practices to bring in QA effectiveness
* Ensure standard methodology and procedures are followed
* Explain the Automation methodology, processes, tools, templates, environment, and concepts to the project teams
* Provide Automation demo/walkthroughs to the project teams
* Work with other teams/ departments to ensure smooth QA delivery during entire test lifecycle
* Create and maintain Automation frameworks & scripts on Mobile Web, iOS & Android platforms
* Create and manage Automation testing schedule and work plan
* Assign tasks to team members and review their key deliverables
* Supervise & is responsible for the planning and preparation of the Automation deliverables created by team members
* Escalate issues to QA leadership that impede the test effort
* Supervise data and environment coordination
* Monitor Automation progress and test execution schedule
* Coordinate schedule for builds and fixes
* Communicate Automation progress and summary metrics to the project team
* Lead Automation meetings and ensure accurate and timely status updates to project team
* On call support during the non-working hours (including weeknights, weekends, and holidays)
* Drive the Automation planning, tracking and reporting for assigned project(s).
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in software quality assurance, end to end, functional, and regression testing, etc. At least 8 years of experience in Test Automation across different platforms (Web/Mobile).
* 3+ years of experience in leading QA Teams
* Experience in Media & Entertainment industry preferred
* Experience in test automation in DevOps context for Web, Multi-tier, Mobile web/native, iOS, Android, Windows & legacy platform applications in Agile project environment.
* Hands-on DevOps Test Automation experience on commercial & open source tools like Selenium, Mocha, HP UFT, Protractor, Logigear Test Architect. BDD Tools like JBehave or Cucumber. Mobile Test Automation tools/solutions - Appium, Mobile Labs (preferred) or Perfecto Mobile.
* Deep understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Tools such as IBM UrbanCode toolset, Jenkins or similar
* Proficient with HP ALM, Jira, GIT and SVN toolset
* Hands-on experience in Test Automation framework design, development & implementation in the DevOps context
* Hands-on experience in multiple programming languages: Java, VBScript, Python (desirable)
* Knowledge of debugging, profiling, and software analysis on desktop, mobile devices & platforms
* Exposure to video application testing on mobile devices and platforms
* Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the testing effort, including plans, schedule, tools, and team members
* Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies (particularly Agile). Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum & Waterfall process environments
* Ability to review test deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established standards
* Leading initiatives where teams were comprised of onshore and offshore resources
* Excellent communication/presentation skills
* Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams in a dynamic, fast time to market and customer focused environment.
* Created comprehensive test automation strategy and plans, as well as recent development and execution of test automation lifecycle deliverables
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of software testing methodology and best practices while maintaining and enforcing quality standards.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and manage the team in Agile environment
About j2 Global
J2 Global is an Internet information and services company.