Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
US Citizenship Required due to federal gov't requirement
We dare you to break it... as beautifully as possible!
Parsons Intelligence Solutions groups is hiring Automation Engineers. You will be responsible for automating existing manual tests and playing an integral role in designing and developing automation for new projects. You will also develop test plans and conduct manual and automated quality, stress, regression and load tests for existing and new software applications.
* Review functional and non-functional requirements and specifications while assessing and developing a good understanding of the customer's manual and automated testing needs.
* Responsible for designing and executing many types of testing, including system integration, user acceptance, and regression testing. Maintain hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation and risk coverage analysis.
* Produce test documentation such as test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
* Maintain and update existing automated scripts; also design and develop automation frameworks and automated testing on new projects from initial tool or technology analysis through automated execution.
* Deliver quality work and meet project deadlines.
* Responsible for assisting the System Engineering and Software Development teams in debugging and defect resolution for applications both in test and production.
* Responsible for documenting and reporting issues and following them through to resolution.
* 5+ years of professional experience in the areas of Software Development and Quality Assurance.
* Experience with developing and testing in a Linux environment.
* Must be experienced in test engineering concepts including testing principles and concepts, building a test environment, tracking defects and communicating testing status.
* Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java or shell scripting.
* Experience with automated testing frameworks, such as Python's unit test.
* Must have working knowledge of SQL, writing queries, and basic understanding of databases
* Active TS/SCI
* Experience with API testing (SOAP/XML and/or REST/JSON)
* Deployment Tools, such as Ansible
* VM environments, such as VMWare, VirtualBox, vCommander, etc
* Network analysis / protocols; Wireshark and/or tcpdump
* Elasticsearch, Hadoop, PostgreSQL
* Agile development environments and continuous deployment strategies
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Security or related engineering, technical, or scientific discipline preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and will be submitted for TS-SCI security clearance.
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.