American Access Casualty Company (AACC) provides quality private passenger automobile insurance to our valued customers. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are currently seeking a talented Automation Engineer to join our current team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
* Lead QA resources in the testing efforts
* Automates test plans and test cases based on the business requirements, user stories and technical specifications.
* Develop and maintain manual test suites and test cases.
* Executes automated test cases according to documented test plans.
* Documents defects and application enhancements in the defect tracking system (i.e. Jira).
* Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team. Works with software developers and database administrators to troubleshoot test failures in the various test/customer environments.
* Assists with website application testing for different browsers and versions for compatibility (Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) as needed.
* Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, develop test suites, expand our automated testing harness, and automate end to end tests
* Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
* Collaborate with Business analyst, developers, and system owners in the testing of new and legacy software programs and applications.
* Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
* Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
* Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
* Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
* Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
* Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
* Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
* Experience with SQL Server a plus
* Experience with Selenium
* 1+ years' experience in a lead QA role
* Familiar with Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Keen attention to detail
* Proven analytical, creative problem-solving and debugging abilities
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience in auto insurance companies a plus
Benefits available for full time employees:
* Generous paid time off package
* Medical & Dental Plans
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Company paid STD/LTD
* Company paid life insurance