QA Automation Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: long term
This is a position where the candidate will be developing and advising best Quality Assurance Practices. He/she will create Automation Frameworks from scratch.
Computer Aid, Inc., (CAI) an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking a talented, driven QA Automation Engineer for a long-term engagement in the downtown Chicago area.
The QA Automation Engineer will work with CAI's project and support teams, collaborating closely with our business analysts, developers, and end users. This role presents a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for improving software quality to be part of an organization focused on quickly delivering high-quality software solutions. Extensive hands-on experience with Test Complete, QTP, Selenium or a similar test automation framework is mandatory. The QA Automation Engineer will be based in CAI's downtown Chicago office. They will engage with project and support team members to ensure that our software solutions meet very high standards of quality. Ideal candidates will be innovative, self-motivated, extremely detail oriented, and well versed in best practices for testing strategy, test planning, and test automation.
* Developing a test automation capability, including process definition and tool selection
* Building and maintaining automated test scripts using tools and frameworks that quickly and efficiently validate software functionality
* Understanding relevant business scenarios in detail and developing tests that are relevant to real-world processes
* Driving the QA efforts associated with software releases
* Consistently and clearly communicating with developers, business analysts, client stakeholders, and other team members
* Following testing methodologies rooted in industry best practices
* Documenting test cases (automated and manual), steps, and expected results
* Analyzing, documenting, and communicating actual test results
Experience and Skills Required
* 7+ years of software QA, with extensive background in test automation
* Experience testing software applications with complex workflows and business rules
* Deep familiarity with software development methodologies and quality assurance practices
* Expertise with test automation tools, such as Test Complete, Selenium, etc.
* Background using test management tools
* Experience with testing API's
* Proficiency with using software development management and defect tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
* Experience working on multiple, concurrent projects with very high standards of quality
* Extraordinary attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
* Superior oral and written communication skills