LOCATION 1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 200 Carlsbad CA 92011
Designs, implements and maintains reusable and sustainable Test Automation framework.Creates and maintains data-driven test automation scripts using descriptive programming language(s) for smoke, functional, regression, and integration testing. Enhance and expand the automation framework as required to accommodate new functional requirements. As an integral member of the software design team, actively participates in all requirements, design, and test case review meetings. Collaborate with Test Engineers and Software Engineers to build robust and efficient automated test scripts. Works closely with the development team to understand code changes and provides feedback to promote testability of new code. Coordinates continuously with the development team throughout the SDLC process to develop or modify automated test scripts in concert with development of new code. Trains and mentors the Quality Assurance team in test automation scripting, development, and maintenance. Performs all duties and responsibilities with minimal oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Test Planning (10%).
* Attends and participates in all requirements meetings.
* Attends and participates in all software design meetings.
* Provides automation testability feedback by reviewing and analyzing project and maintenance requirements documents.
* Provide level of effort (LOE) estimates for authoring and maintaining automation scripts.
2. Test Automation (40%).
* Selects and implements test automation tools for an automated component testing harness in a Java development environment.
* Authors, documents, and maintains detailed automated smoke, functional, regression, and integration test cases in HP Quality Center environment.
* Ensures all functional requirements are covered by automated test cases.
* Reports automated test scripting progress to the SDLC team.
* Reviews test plans/scripts with the SDLC team and gains approval.
* Ensures automation reports provide insight on check points, expected results, and actual results.
* Relentlessly pursues and enforces data-driven automation of all testing activities as well as all repeatable processes in general.
3. Test Execution (20%).
* Sets up and executes automated test cases within the QA environment.
* Selects appropriate test cases for execution on every QA build.
* Reports to the SDLC team on test execution status.
* Resolves or seeks assistance on any road blocks encountered during test case execution.
* Supervises, tracks, and reports test case execution of onsite and offsite resources.
* Keeps manager informed on status, events, and other critical information.
* Encourages and maintains open, two-way communication with all parties involved.
* Ensures test automation scripts are up-to-date by continuously executing them.
4. Automation Training (30%).
* Provides training, guidance, and documentation to QA team in automated test execution.
* Provides basic training to QA team in automated test development and maintenance.
* Mentors QA team in maintaining, modifying, and improving existing automated test cases.
1. Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile (Scrum specifically), Prototype, Iterative, and Waterfall.
* Expert knowledge and extensive experience developing, implementing, and maintaining test automation with HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) and HP Quality Center using data-driven testing and descriptive programming in a multi-tier web application environment.
* Familiarity with service-level testing and test automation using SoapUI or similar framework. Expert knowledge preferred.
* Familiarity with the Selenium suite of tools (Remote Control and WebDriver) for automated web application software testing -- to include familiarity with supported scripting languages (such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby) and supported testing frameworks.
* Thorough knowledge of standard testing activities -- to include smoke, regression, functional, integration, system, UAT, performance, white-box, black-box, and back-end database SQL testing.
* Extensive knowledge in functional test design.
* Familiarity with the underlying architecture of multi-tier, browser-based web applications, including development environments (Java EE), application containers (JBoss), operating systems (Linux/UNIX and Microsoft Windows), database management systems (Oracle), networking infrastructure (load balancing and firewalls), clients, and browsers.
* Understanding of SQL and ability to develop moderately complex SQL queries.
* Working knowledge of PL/SQL.
* Familiarity with SOA, web services, and open standards-based web service technologies.
* Familiarity with domain-driven design, test-driven development, and contract-first web service development.
* Familiarity with continuous build and integration environments (Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.).
* Proven problem solving ability and logical analysis skills.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with deep understanding of different audiences and ability to tailor message and communicate effectively, succinctly, and tactfully at all levels.
* Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* [Preferred] Knowledge of process analysis techniques and creating process flows.
2. Minimum certifications/education level:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or 7 years' experience in relevant areas of Information Technology.
3. Minimum experience:
* 7+ years of Quality Assurance and System/Software Validation experience working through all stages of the Software Testing Life Cycle -- to include requirements and design review; test plan development; estimation and scheduling; test design; test case and test script development; test data creation/acquisition; test automation; creation of requirements traceability matrix (RTM) from functional requirements document (FRD); test execution and defect reporting; test results reporting; and test/defect metrics tracking and reporting.
* 6+ years of experience in test automation development and maintenance, with at least 2 years of that experience establishing large-scale automation framework using HP Quick Test Professional and HP Quality Center in a multi-tier, browser-based, web application environment.
* 3+ years of experience in VB scripting using descriptive programing.
* 1+ years of experience working in an agile development environment.
* [Preferred] 2+ years of experience with data-driven, service-level testing using SoapUI or similar tool.
4. Physical Requirements:
* Occasional work outside of typical business hours
* Minimal travel
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Information Technology