Bank of Montreal
We are building experience teams, combining people with different skills and knowledge, to accelerate our customer experience. These teams will work agile, in a vibrant space, and embrace the latest methods, tools, and technologies to drive innovation and change. Self-managed and cross-functional, these teams will be empowered and have the resources and authority to drive a customer-led digital transformation.
The US Digital Banking team is building the future platform for BMO's personal and commercial banking. The QA Automation Lead is responsible for developing and delivering the test automation roadmap for this platform, in alignment with enterprise DevOps. The Automation Lead is an advisor and leader for all project and platform automation activities, helping to guide the teams, and build a sustainable model. This person should be a thought leader, transformation agent, have high technical acumen, and be able to establish themselves as trusted advisors to both Technology and Business teams.
* Design, implement and maintain automation solutions spanning different languages and frameworks
* Provide guidelines and recommendations on different automation tools and technologies; working with DevOps teams for enterprise alignment
* Coach and mentor automation engineers
* Assign/coordinate work to automation engineers across a distributed team environment
* Conduct automation code reviews
* Develop and execute automation framework and scripts for web-based and mobile platforms
* Deep knowledge of web and mobile application architecture and functionality
* Ability to interact and work well with architects, product managers, support engineers and vendors
* Develop and communicate metrics for reporting automation activities
* 5 years of experience leading QA automation process and creation of automation framework
* Minimum 3 years of extensive experience as QA professional with large web-based, service-oriented enterprise systems and mobile applications
* Experience in working in an Agile environment, familiar with Agile practices
* Proven success in test automation and in design and implementation of test automation strategy, including the incorporation of automation frameworks covering different technology and application platforms
* In-depth understanding of TDD/ATDD principles of building quality into the process coupled with Agile tool experience
* Deep understanding and experience of varied automation languages, frameworks and development tools (e.g., SOAP UI, Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, JSON, SauceLabs, Appium Perfecto, Protractor, Jasmine)
* Strong knowledge of white box testing such as iOS/Android device tests for Apps/SDK
* Experience using cloud based infrastructure for testing, such as OpenShift, AWS and Azure
* Understanding of Continuous Improvement, DevOps processes
* Ability to effectively communicate process and automation design to different audiences
* Experience building automation teams
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
About Bank of Montreal
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.