QA Analyst - Toys For Bob
We are currently on the hunt for a talented, creative, self-motivated, and strongly passionate QA Analyst I to take part in our Quality Assurance testing process of our next title. The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment, possess outstanding communication skills, and have a desire to assist with the creation of awesome games. Please note this is an onsite, temporary assignment that requires overtime. During the course of the project you may be required to work long hours and up to 7 days a week.
Here's what you'll be doing:
* Assist in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned current generation software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
* Identify and document defects in a clear and concise manner using the designated bug tracking database.
* Work in a collaborative QA environment, executing individual tasks and group assignments
* Complete daily build sanity checks and key feature/function testing
* Use automated testing tools to streamline the testing process.
* Work with the Production/Development team in tracking down bugs and finding steps to reproduce.
* Complete regression/verification testing daily.
* Follow instructions and accomplish tasks as directed by QA Leads and the QA Manager.
The skills and experience you'll need:
* 18 years of age or older
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum six months testing experience in software/gaming QA
* Understanding of Software Testing Processes and Best Practices
* Understanding of Software/Game Development Lifecycles
* Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills
* Availability to work forty or more hours per week including weekends
* Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic
* Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
* Sharp attention to detail
* Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment
* Able to multitask and take on multiple assignments at the same time
* Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres
* Passion for Games
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
* Previous Multiplayer game testing experience having tested and shipped MP games
* Embedded testing experience in a Game Development Studio
* Previous JIRA database experience (or equivalent bug tracking software)
* Experience with Test Automation
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience creating and executing comprehensive test plans
* Experience with QA tools testing including proprietary game editing software
* Experience and proficiency with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft standards
* Familiarity with Windows operating systems and related PC hardware
* Strong background in entertainment software or related industry
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or related field.
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that's been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the "Toys to Life" genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don't take yourself too seriously, we'd love for you to be part of the family!
Toys For Bob is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.