CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Technology and Support Services is relentlessly focused on developing the worlds most advanced electronic trading, post trade processing and risk management systems. We are the world's leading and most diverse derivatives market place providing risk management solutions that help drive the global economy. Our customers include leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations, and individual traders.
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team as a QA Analyst, supporting the Regulatory Data Systems team. This team are high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The teams are responsible for various deliverables ranging from initial request review, impact assessment, and prioritization through to solution implementation.
The Regulatory Data Systems team works within the Regulatory Technology department. CME places great importance in ensuring the integrity of our marketplace. Each day CME process hundreds of millions of messages. The Market Regulation business team needs to be able to identify market abuse, and the Regulatory team provides the data and tools to make that possible. The applications primary focus is on big data capabilities. The core applications the teams own and support allow for querying through billions of records of data with millisecond response time. As the needs and demand of our business change, we adapt, and are open-minded about moving to new technologies.
Although initially working in the Regulatory team space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
The QA Analyst III is an intermediate test engineer who is technically strong and has the business knowledge to execute, analyze, deliver and support any feature in the application. The incumbent must establish and maintain testing environments as well as analyze, verify, and troubleshoot test results against requirements. The QA Analyst III is required to report task progress, suggest creative ideas and approaches for improvement, and escalate issues to the Sr. QA Analyst and Lead Analyst.
* Actively participates white box test case identification sessions.
* Helps to define white box test case test steps as well as complementary black box test cases for corresponding stories.
* Assists in identifying test scope, test risks and test methodology
* Create and maintain test documentation
* Executes functional tests and/or works closely with the development organization in developing automated tests, verifying and reporting on actual results vs. expected results with minimal supervision.
* Escalates issues and risks as required to management and team members.
* Reports on/tracks application defects.
* Helps to identifies environment needs in support of testing needs.
* Owns the delivery of quality control and assurance across the application, gating application releases and deployments.
* Provides updates on quality efforts to management.
* Contributes to automated regression testing, and other automation efforts.
* Participates in preliminary story review, providing constructive feedback and input on work effort estimation as well as design.
* Works with analysts to interpret high level requirements, decomposing them into acceptance criteria and test cases.
* Contributes to continuous improvement efforts.
* Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
* Bachelor's degree
* Significant experience in QA execution and planning.
* 2-4 years in ETL or heavy data driven environment
* 1-2 years of Cucumber experience
* Moderate to strong SQL skills
* Linux & Unix experience
* Experience with automation and regression testing
* Knowledge and experience in batch processing, back end data flows and big data
About Cme Group
CME Group Inc. (Chicago Mercantile Exchange & Chicago Board of Trade) is an American financial market company operating options and futures exchange.