Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join its Ecommerce testing team. The QA Analyst will test Costco websites, Order Management systems, and/or supporting Ecommerce business applications.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the eCommerce industry or Order Management Systems. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They have a clear understanding of the multiple software development methodologies and will have worked in several. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
They will have strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people but with developers, project managers and various levels of management. They will be effective in the use of their time, demonstrate a strong sense of project urgency along with an ability to work under pressure while still delivering on schedule. Their experience will show that they can effectively work on multiple projects at one time - prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
They are personable, approachable, willing to help others, able to work under minimal supervision and not easily distracted from their tasks.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Creates and/or oversees the creation and approval of project test cases and QA-related documentation.
* Creates and gains project approval on project test plans.
* Provides accurate and justifiable estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
* Effectively executes tests and records results working with others to identify and resolve defects.
* Helps to mentor and develop skills in others.
* Incorporates test automation as part of their work process.
* Collaborates with onshore and offshore team members on all project related testing.
* May oversee and coordinate onshore and offshore testing activities.
* Works with Business customers in understanding and clarifying requirements and stories.
* Is available 24/7 and provides 3rd-level application support as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum 7 years of software quality assurance experience.
* Minimum 4 years of functional and back-end testing of eCommerce websites and backend applications, including order management systems.
* Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
* Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server or DB2 and ability to write basic SQL queries.
* Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team.
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills.
* Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
* Proven ability to provide project testing estimates.
* Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
* High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts.
* Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
* Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
* Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
* Experience and/or working knowledge in a broad range of platforms, environments and tools, including, but not limited to, the following (or equivalent) technologies:
* Experience with iSeries/AS400 a plus.
* Understanding of web services, SOAP, REST and XML concepts and technologies.
* Database knowledge in a major RDBMS system such as DB2, MS SQL Server or Oracle.
* Experience creating test automation scripts.
* Degree in computer science or a related technical field.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.