Recently recognized as a 2016 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, Upskill is the industry leader in wearable technology for the connected workforce. Our award-winning software platform, Skylight, powers wearable devices such as smart glasses, and is used by some of the largest and most recognized companies in the world. We help companies deliver their products and services more efficiently, with higher quality, and in a safer environment using our technology. We are in a brand-new industry that is transforming how hands-on work in complex manufacturing, field services, logistics and other sectors is getting done. To learn more about us, visit www.upskill.io.
Help us build and deliver next generation wearable software.
Wearable technology is revolutionizing the enterprise and with our platform, Skylight, the largest companies in the world deliver more efficiently, with higher quality, and in a safer environment.
The Skylight client runs on this new breed of wearable mobile device and communicates with our back-end services to connect the hands-on workforce with the business systems and smart environments around them. We support many different wearable devices and therein lies the challenge: how do we provide a predictable experience on many devices that delights and elevates the impact of our users in the workplace?
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We're looking for someone passionate about quality to join our engineering team working to test all parts of our stack. If you're interested in working with mobile applications that run on a wide array of the latest and most exciting kinds of hardware to hit the market and you have what it takes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. The candidate selected for this position will:
* Work with product design, engineering and customer-facing teams to gather and verify requirements and acceptance criteria
* Work with our customer-facing teams to triage field defects and help to define steps-to-reproduce
* Work in the sprints with our core engineering team to help qualify user stories and provide engineering & product with timely feedback or escalate deviations from the acceptance criteria to management.
* Work on our test automation framework
* Provide status dashboards on test coverage and plans to improve test coverage both manual and automated.
Successful candidates must demonstrate a passion not only for technology, but for our mission to elevate the impact of people in the connected industrial work space.
Candidates should demonstrate:
* At least three years of experience in quality assurance, test engineering, or equivalent field
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline
* Thorough understanding of QA methodologies
* Develop and maintain test plans, test scenarios/test cases in an agile environment
* Deep understanding of Web, Android and iOS based applications and testing
* Hands on experience conducting functional, regression and system testing
* Deep understanding of network fundamentals
* Strong experience in JIRA
* Experience programming in Java in a mobile environment or any other OOP programing language
* Hands on experience with webservice testing especially RESTful APIs
* Experience in Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum and Kanban
* Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
* A strong work ethic, great attitude and readiness to tackle any challenges set before him or her
Ideal candidates will build on top of that foundation and demonstrate:
* Experience working with Cucumber and other automation frameworks
* Experience working with Git, and automation for CI/CD
* Experience writing test automation and scripts.
* Experience in writing test automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver using Appium
Compensation and Benefits
* Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including cash + equity
* Full range of generous benefits starting day one, including 401(k), medical, dental & vision coverage.
* Unlimited flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy; work hard and take time when you need it
* The freedom to think and create without boundaries