The QA Analyst will be part of a team supporting projects centered on Quote-to-Cash Cloud integration and implementation initiatives, as well as software development projects. Within Quote-to-Cash implementations this role will have the opportunity to learn and work with the latest cloud-based Software-as-a-Service platforms, such as SteelBrick, Aria, Apttus, and SalesForce.com, among others. Our software development projects focus on SaaS and mobile solutions leveraging technologies that include Meteor, AngularJS, Ionic, Scala, Java, and .Net.
The QA Analyst is an instrumental member of a project team, helping to ensure that a solution is fit for end user's needs. QA Analysts work closely with the entire project team to review the overall functional and non-functional requirements, while keeping a user's perspective in mind. Activities in this role will include analyzing non-functional requirements and technical designs, translating functional requirements into test cases, and identifying defects and driving them to resolution. Ideally, candidates will possess a drive for thinking creatively to resolve complex problems and enjoy contributing to solutions regardless of their functional role within a project team.
* Create Test Cases: Create and execute test cases while leveraging various test heuristics to validate products are working as expected.
* Collaborate: Collaborate with project/business teams to reproduce, analyze, and debut issues. Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management.
* Design Review: Review functional/operational requirements and design specifications, advise Project Management, Business Analysts, and/or Testing Leads regarding requirements and design testability
* Automation Testing: Coordinate efforts with Automation Testing resources to determine which test cases and under what conditions automation will improve effectiveness and efficiency of testing.
* Demonstrated successful completion of Consultant Trainee 12-week program (Missoula, MT)
* Entry-Level: minimum of successful completion of 12-week training program
* Mid-Level: minimum of 5 years professional experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
Location and Travel:
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
* Missoula, MT
* A test mentality with a strong focus on end-to-end scenarios
* Knowledge of modern testing methodologies
* Familiarity with Agile/Scrum disciplines preferred
* Willingness and aptitude to learn and teach new skills in a rapidly changing environment
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
* Demonstrates a team approach to quality
* Expressed drive for creativity and innovation
* Must be willing to step into additional project roles such as business analyst, implementation consultant, or Salesforce Developer
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.