Python/Java Etrading Software Engineer
Req #: 190028907
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Seeking strong developer to join a small team of highly skilled developers in the build-out and maintenance of a state-of-the-art, global infrastructure to support market access, electronic market making and algorithm development across a number of Commodities businesses.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
* Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java and Python
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn
* Ability to understand and map data flows across applications and data sources
* Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment
* Self-starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance.
Desirable skills/preferred skills:
* Understanding of Commodities markets
* Electronic trading markets and protocols ( e.g. FIX and Google Profobuf )
* Hands on with BIG Data and NoSQL Databases
* Experience in supporting/developing real-time trading systems.
* Experience with messaging technologies, including experience with both low latency and high throughput implementations
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.