LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Python Developer for a consulting opportunity with our opinion research client in downtown Chicago, IL!
* Working on a team with developers, engineers, researchers, and statisticians to develop new data-oriented technologies and software solutions for collecting and analyzing data
* Working with web service APIs or developing novel web scraping programs to pull data from a variety of online sources
* Manipulating, transforming, and analyzing large volumes of data
* Maintaining, customizing, and enhancing existing systems
* May perform hands-on testing in a project setting
* Responsible for system set-up, software customization, application and data support for existing systems, and writing data preparation and report programs
Participation in design and architecture sessions
* Set up, test, implement and support non-complex applications in existing systems
* Perform simple data maintenance tasks on system development projects, will write subroutines or sections of new systems and investigate problems reported by system users, will resolve simple problems and refer more complex problems to senior programmer or project manager
* Assist in training of system users and in preparation of documentation
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statics, or the Sciences, or related fields
* Strong hands-on experience programming in Python
* Strong hands-on experience with SQL Databases (e.g., MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Exposure to front-end/UI technologies
* Strong analytical skills
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.