PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We are seeking talented and passionate Big Data Developers with deep understanding of Java 8, Hadoop Stack and Apache Open Source technologies. You will be part of a team, comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Business Administration/Management, Management Information Systems, Software App
Demonstrates through knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Demonstrated Java 8 or Scala design and development experience;
* Demonstrated extensive experience using Application frameworks such as Play or Spring Boot, Spring Cloud;
* Demonstrated experience building Microservices REST API;
* Demonstrated proficient knowledge of Hadoop and Spark;
* Demonstrated experience with Apache NiFi, Atlas, Hortonworks DPS is highly preferred; and,
* Database design, creation, manipulation and query of Relational, Hadoop and NoSQL datastores.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Working with Agile Methodologies and develop code using object oriented design, implementation and maturation to take advantage of the language feature sets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.