A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
* Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
* Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
* Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
* Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
* Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
* Responsibility for management of engagement financials
* Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
The Digital Products team creates high impact software assets that drive business solutions from strategy through build to support and maintenance. We are top tier strategy, creative, and technical talent who work collaboratively to solve clients' biggest challenges and deliver real, measurable value in a way that's cheaper, faster and better
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other quantitative fields of study may be considered.
Minimum Years of Experience:
TOGAF, PMI, and/or certifications in programming, business intelligence/data warehousing.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
* Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints;
* Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum;
* Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
* Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
* Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Cloud based HDInsight, EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
* Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
* Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
* Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
* Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS a plus.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, emphasizing leading of teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multi-discipline development, including the following areas:
* Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
* Communicating based on the audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
* Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture, including solution components and interactions;
* Architecting and designing cross industry business solutions using industry leading practices in technology, performance and scalability;
* Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
* Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture and services, and where appropriate, work with Platform Architect to help define and create new services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
* Collaborating with Platform, Solution, Application and Data Architects towards creating industry leading approaches, architecture design and solutions in a rapidly evolving development environment;
* Working with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the platform and solution offerings;
* Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality;
* Contributing to on-going process and methodology improvements; and,
* Establishing architecture governance with compliance of technology solutions with architectural patterns and standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
About PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
PricewaterhouseCoopers offers auditing, accounting, and assurance services.