Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55546
Job Function/Category: Transmission and Distribution
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Business Systems Analyst
This position is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager. Business Analyst is responsible for business systems and how they align with user needs. Documents requirements, establishes scope, objectives and determines strategy for implementing systems to achieve business goals including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and working closely with business functions to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
* Own functional specifications and serve as a functional expert with a deep understanding of business needs on product capabilities by defining business requirements, performing quality assurance & define reporting and alerting requirements. Own and develop day to day relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance integration as well as establish a deep understanding of our customers' business and functional needs. Provide product expertise in regards to functional needs and processes
* Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT organization. Contribute to the strategic vision/plans and identify product enhancements that improve customer experience and simplify current landscape
* Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with other business organizations
* Provide specific contributions as directed by Product Leader
* Work with internal customers, including Planning, Operations and other T&D departments to develop tool requirements to achieve core business functions. Conceptualize, design, and communicate solutions to these requirements.
* Provide analytical, programming and technical support for T&D tool and database development activities. Work with internal customers and subject matter experts to develop analyses and requirement documents.
* Work with teams using Amazon Web Services to develop analytics and services supporting T&D requirements.
* Assess and implement third party software solutions, such as OSI ADMS and CYME Distribution Analysis, specifically designed for the simulation, planning, and operation of complex power distribution systems.
* Build, extend, and maintain network connectivity models associated with GIS, CYME and DMS.
* Support GIS data integrity through topology, connectivity and asset analyses.
* Administer the CYME distribution analysis software platform.
* Prepare, maintain and administer various reports and systems through MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, Project) as well as SQL, OSiSoft PI, ESRI ArcGIS, CYME and Sharepoint programming.
* Administer batch processing software, such as ActiveBatch, and ETL software, such as SAFE FME.
* Apply working knowledge of PSEG standards and procedures for grid planning, design, and operation in assigned projects.
* Design, configure, develop, document and test technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements.
* Design, code, configure, test, implement and support software, hardware and systems as required.
* Evaluate existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance.
* Create process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation.
* Collaborate with IT stakeholders such as enterprise architects, software development, operations, cybersecurity and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
* Support resolution of escalated support tickets.
* Travel to various PSEG-LI locations may be required.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 0 - 2+ years relevant experience within the information technology field.
* Experience working within a team
* Ability to support small, simple projects & customer requests by documenting requirements, establishing project scope & objectives including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements
* Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way.
* Leadership and influence skills.
* Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
* Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Information Technology, Master of Science
* Strong leadership and influence skills. Ability to work through issues independently with successful outcomes
* Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
* Thorough understanding of IT methodologies and IT/Business processes
* Proactively identify key features, capabilities and areas of improvements needed within the products
This is a multi-level growth series position, the title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across grades as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
If an internal candidate is selected they will move laterally at their current grade level and will not be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting this position. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during an annual review.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, Geology, GIS, Developer, Technology, Engineering
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a publicly traded diversified energy company.