Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55544
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Non-Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
This position is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager. Business Analyst is responsible for business systems and how they align with user needs. Documents requirements, establishes scope, objectives and determines strategy for implementing systems to achieve business goals including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and working closely with business functions to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met.
* Own functional specifications and serve as a functional expert with a deep understanding of business needs on product capabilities by defining business requirements, performing quality assurance & define reporting and alerting requirements. Own and develop day to day relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance integration as well as establish a deep understanding of our customers' business and functional needs. Provide product expertise in regards to functional needs and processes
* Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT organization. Contribute to the strategic vision/plans and identify product enhancements that improve customer experience and simplify current landscape
* Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with other business organizations
* Provide specific contributions as directed by Product Leader
* Support the analytical, business and functional needs for all supported organizations.
* Ensure the proper data is being collected and utilized through various reports to ensure maximum value is being extracted from the business systems supported.
* Support data integrity through system audit capabilities and utilize analysis to evaluate processes for gaps in creating or maintaining data.
* Support business processes in developing and communicating relevant documentation, including training materials for system use and job aids related to system changes.
* Identify and drive system enhancements to improve business processes.
* Partner with subject matter experts and key clients to troubleshoot and facilitate business system use and enhancements.
* Develop and maintain policy and procedures for the business system process and system use.
* Provide insight and working knowledge for business system trouble ticket resolution, minor changes and associated testing.
* Support the administration of the SAP technical master data and maintenance plans.
* Maintain and apply working knowledge of internal controls consistent with PSEG policy.
* Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
* Travel to various sites as required.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with experience within the Information Technology Field.
Experience working within a Team
Experience with Business Analysis: Documenting requirements, establishing scope, objectives and determining strategy for testing & Implementation
Experience gathering and prioritizing requirements
Masters of Information Technology
Strong Leadership and influence skills
This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Immigration Support will not be provided in association with this position now or in the future
This is a multi-level growth series position, the title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process.
This position has a career path, which provides for promotional opportunities within and across grades as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
If an internal candidate is selected they will move laterally at their current grade level and will not be eligible for a promotion at the time of accepting this position. This applies to candidates moving within the same career path (e.g., analyst, supervisor, engineer), or to a different career path (e.g., analyst to engineer, supervisor to analyst). The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be promoted within the career path during an annual review.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, ERP, Computer Science, Compliance, Technology, Engineering, Legal
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a publicly traded diversified energy company.