Provider Integration Program Manager
* Long Beach, CA
Our mission is simple: Keeping Seniors Healthy and Independent-that's been our mission for almost 40 years. Rated as one of the top Medicare Advantage plans in California, SCAN Health Plan employees are passionate about what they do. Understanding that success is based on achieving the mission, SCAN employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and they are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. Ask anyone who works here and we'll proudly tell you that SCAN's commitment has never wavered. We are as steadfast in our pledge to help our members live healthy and independent lives.
The Provider Integration Program Manager will play a key role in the continued rapid growth of the company, with a specific focus on successful delivery of digital innovation projects owned by the Chief Medical Officer. This position is responsible for supporting the oversight of and managing the definition and implementation of initiatives jointly pursued by SCAN and key provider delivery systems to improve the delivery of care; improve quality (e.g., Stars measures); enhance member experience; and drive toward operational/administrative efficiencies.
* Perform activities and related tasks to support the definition, pursuit and implementation of pilot projects specific to digital innovation, working cross-functionally with other departments at SCAN and externally with the appropriate provider management team counterparts.
* Manage the delivery of relevant project work plan(s) consisting of activities related to governance and the planning and execution of prioritized initiatives. This includes the management of interrelated projects to ensure alignment with the goals and objectives of the program.
* Responsible for facilitating and/or executing the process to plan for and complete activities related to the design and implementation of prioritized digital innovation initiatives. Such activities can include business process analysis (e.g., current state process work flow documentation; future state process redesign; risk/issue root cause analysis); business requirements gathering, use case development; and development and maintenance of project management tools (e.g., creation of status reports, maintenance of risks/issues/decisions logs, etc.)
* Lead/support the analysis, review of and reporting on key provider performance data to make clear recommendations to management for the pursuit and implementation of strategic pilot projects.
* Facilitate the execution of projects by managing the work of the project resources (internal and/or external) in a matrixed environment. Ensures project team(s) is actively participating, collaborating and coordinating amongst team members as well as with other projects and/or business operations, IT and analytics-focused teams.
* Support/lead the monitoring of all aspects of the project, in alignment with the overall program, by measuring progress and identifying appropriate points to correct course when project goes beyond scope or is not meeting goals and objectives. Ensures project remains on timeline by managing schedules and resources and removing barriers. Work with project team, sponsors and/or Sr. Director, Provider Integration to negotiate changes such as scope, timeline, deliverables and integration points.
* Work with project stakeholders to onboard and off-board project resources (both internal and external). Manage the day to day components of third-party vendor oversight that are associated with projects requiring such external support.
* Manage program risk (at the department and/or initiative-level) by identifying, planning for, developing and implementing strategies to mitigate or minimize risks and monitor findings, within associated projects. Appropriately escalate risks and/or issues to Sr. Director, Provider Integration as needed. Facilitate or assist with conflict resolution within project team.
* Confer with project team(s) to provide guidance and resolve problems. Respond in verbal or written form to routine and non-routine inquiries from internal/external customers. Facilitate internal and/or external meetings. Develop and present information in various formats to inform, gain cooperation and/or resolve issues.
* Ensure projects remain on budget by managing timelines and resources and preventing cost overruns. This position may manage third party resources, budgets and/or invoices.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; and participating in professional societies.
* Other duties as assigned by Chief Medical Officer and/or Sr. Director, Provider Integration.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Actively support the achievement of SCAN's Vision and Goals.
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required.
* Graduate level degree in healthcare or business administration, preferred.
* Moderate to strong skills in problem-solving, quantitative/qualitative analysis and the application of critical-thinking to complex business scenarios lacking structure and/or a clear path forward.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required; with experience in formal presentations, ability to appropriately and effectively address diverse audiences and ability to effectively facilitate group interactions.
* Experience with collecting requirements and analyzing inter/intra-departmental processes.
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience in group motivation skills.
* Proven self-starter, excellent organizational characteristics, quality minded; able to work independently and with limited supervision.
* Adapts to changes in priorities and assignments quickly and efficiently and is flexible with project assignments.
What's in it for you?
Qualified employees will receive:
* A competitive compensation and benefits program
* An annual employee bonus program
* Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
* Ten paid holidays per year
* Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
* Casual attire
* A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!