Raytheon seeks a proposal Volume Lead who will be assigned to new business pursuits in Raytheon's Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit. The Volume Lead will be responsible for all aspects of proposal development for assigned volumes or sections, from draft RFP to Final Proposal Revision (FPR). The lead may be assigned to work Management, Transition, Resume, and/or Past Performance Volumes. Based on the requirements of each proposal, the Volume Lead will:
* Implement documented processes, methods, tools, and models in accordance with the IIS Way of Proposals
* Analyze RFP requirements and develop proposal outlines as well as compliance artifacts for volumes and/or sections
* Develop resource requirements (number of staff, skills) needed to develop the volume; actively manage resources and budget allocated
* Develop and enforce interim milestones across a team of section leads, authors and contributors to achieve the top-level proposal schedule
* Support development of proposal themes, strengths, discriminators, messages, solutions, risk mitigation, etc. and allocate these elements to proposal sections
* Collaborate with the Capture Manager, Proposal Manager, solution architects, program personnel, teammates, and/or other members of the capture team to ensure proposed solutions are clearly documented and well communicated
* Coordinate inputs from a team of section leads, authors and contributors to formulate work plans and develop effective proposal sections
* Assess proposal content (compliance and quality as represented in proposal structure, text, and graphics) and provide direction to proposal authors on a daily basis
* Author and/or edit proposal content including text and graphics taking inputs from key contributors to construct a compliant and compelling response
* Collaborate with proposal team members to achieve consistency across all proposal volumes and sections
* Assess and integrate feedback from review teams
* Prepare and/or deliver oral proposals
* Respond to customer Evaluation Notices and prepare Final Proposal Revisions (FPR)
Specifically for Management and Transition Volumes, the lead may be required to perform any combination of the following:
* Tailor and document the implementation of the Raytheon integrated program management framework and toolset to the specific pursuit
* Develop program organizational structures and program concept of operations best suited to meet customer requirements
* Ensure appropriate tools, processes, and methodologies are planned for effective program cost and schedule control
* Oversee the development of program planning artifacts such as Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Plans (IMP), and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
* Develop and/or review staffing plans to include employee recruiting, hiring and retention; ensure key personnel meet required qualifications and develop resumes accordingly
* Lead a cross-functional team to identify and document mitigation plans for program risks
* Develop and document the contract transition approach required to assume full program responsibility from another contractor; closely work across the organization to ensure effective transition planning
* Develop and/or review basis of estimates to ensure consistency with the proposed management and transition approach
* Work with facilities and IT professionals to ensure sufficient infrastructure is in place to support program requirements
* Identify and/or document the implementation of appropriate quality assurance provisions needed to meet program requirements
* Oversee the plan to integrate, manage and control key subcontractors and/or suppliers
* Document the implementation of security provisions for personnel clearances and industrial security
* Minimum of 6 years of capture and proposal experience in business development related activities for the DoD and/or Intelligence Community
* Understanding of the US Government acquisition process (FAR, DFAR, and ITAR)
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Able to work collaboratively across organizations to resolve problems and achieve results under extreme time pressures and in visible and impactful circumstances
* Strong leadership skills, proposal and/or team management experience, proposal preparation skills, and requirements definition experience.
* Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills that mobilize multi-disciplined teams to work well together and persevere in a demanding and stressful environment
* Effective analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project)
* Willingness to travel within the U.S.
* Willingness to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays when needed to meet proposal schedules
* PMP Certification or Raytheon Program Management Certification (or similar), or ability to obtain certification
* Strong knowledge of Raytheon proposal processes and procedures
* Experience planning or managing projects/programs that include systems/software development, cybersecurity, operations and maintenance, logistics, training, and/or sustainment.
* Top Secret/SCI clearance or ability to obtain
* BA/BS degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. Person 119715BR 119715 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.