The Project Support Specialist will support Ace Project Management with planning and executing Ace retailer funded store projects. The Project Support Specialist will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects involving Ace retailer capital projects. This includes planning, organizing, leading, communicating and controlling project activities. They will provide support to the Ace Project Managers throughout the duration of a project. Projects include new stores, conversions, relocations and store renovations.
What you'll do
* Manage project milestones and due dates to ensure lead times are met and the project stays on schedule.
* Create, review and submit orders for store projects. This includes RSC opening stock orders, Gladson tags, Lozier, vendor drop shipments, décor, displays and point of purchase materials.
* Collaborate with Ace Project Managers and Merchandising Service Organizations during project execution.
* Central point of contact for all project stakeholders. Communicate project status updates by phone, email and Ace Project Place. Participate and occasionally lead project conference call.
* Review and respond daily to project issues logged into Ace Project Place.
* Identify trending issues and escalate to project stakeholders. Be proactive to prevent future issues. Collaborate with team members to continually evolve and improve processes.
* Maintain relationships with up to 5 Ace Project Managers. Make decisions alongside the Ace Project Manager on the best way to support the project and Ace retailer.
* Attend Ace Shows, Project Management team meetings and occasionally be on-site during project execution. Lead a discussion during Ace University sessions with our Merchandise Service Organizations.
What you need to succeed
* Bachelor's degree preferred or related work experience
* Three + years of retail project management experience
* Strong Customer Service experience
* Ability to handle high stress situations
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Basic computer skills (Word & Excel)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware Corporation operates as a wholesaler of hardware, paint, and other related products.