We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Defines simple project plans and executes tasks defined in project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices. * Completes assigned and project tasks with minimal direction. * Manages risk, action, issues and decisions log. * Administers project governance with direction from Project Leadership. * Analyzes impact of problems and facilitates resolution, and escalates to Leadership as needed. * Prepares presentations, agendas, schedules meetings and records minutes for Project meetings. * Effectively communicates information and ideas using all forms of communication. * Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to move Project tasks forward and drive results. * Partners, communicates, and builds relationships to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with Project Team and support groups.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
* 1-3 years' work experience in projects required. * Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests a plus.
* PMP certification a plus.
* Proficient knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures. * Proficient knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint. * Understanding of the interplay between technology applications and systems infrastructure. * Understands the impact a specific application has on operational and business functions. * Strong Customer Service and Team orientation. * Demonstrates and employs active listening skills. * Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations. * Completes tasks by scheduled completion date. * Reorders job priorities as needed. * Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment. * Demonstrates emerging Leadership skills to give direction to outside Contractors and maintain positive relationships with internal Customers.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.