Short Job Summary
Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Designs and develops project schedules. Ensures projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across functional groups.
JOB DUTIES /TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Designs and develops project schedules.
* Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across functional groups.
* Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts
* Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Conducts analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
* Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines. Participates in scheduling status reviews
* Interacts with customer and project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
* Assists project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
Technology used in this occupation
* MS Office
* MS Project
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Must have hands-on experience with MS Project project and program schedule management across the entire life cycle of information systems from initial requirements baselines to system end-of-life; must have hands-on experience developing and maintaining an IMS
* Must have experience assessing the impact of configuration management (CM) and request for change (RFC) review and assessment & management processes on internal and external schedules
* Must have familiarity with the Program Management Framework (PMF) and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Must have experience tracking and reporting status of project milestones, baseline slips, and re-plan actions affecting the IMS-controlled baseline and pertinent schedules
* Must be able and willing to brief schedule performance reviews and to develop schedule performance metrics for senior customers
* Bachelor's degree with 8 years overall experience is strongly preferred; and at least two (2) years of hands-on scheduling experience; candidates with hands-on scheduling experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
* U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph Security Clearance is required. *
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a US person.
125833BR 125833 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
DC - Washington
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.