We are OpenSquare. We believe that people with a purpose need great spaces to perform their best work. From big city skyscrapers to the Northwest's premier Universities and medical facilities, we design insightful work spaces with the latest technology providing our clients an environment that embodies their image and encourages success. As we continue our growth we are adding a Project Planner to focus on leading important projects in our WD Professional Services division.
Position Summary: The Project Planner is a key project leadership role that will fill multiple potential project scope opportunities. Responsibilities include: integrating and coordinating all aspects of furnishings, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) projects, post-occupancy facilities management & MAC Projects, strategic space planning projects, and transition planning projects. Project Planners are expected to own management of the full project life cycle, communicate directly with clients, and manage through influence client staff, vendors and OpenSquare team members.
* Client Leadership & Interface:
o Works closely with clients and client representatives to determine clear project requirements, deliverables, deadlines, etc.
o Builds a clear understanding and expectations with the client for how the project(s) will be delivered, interfaces with client staff and vendors, and identifies key risks
o Meets regularly with clients to provide updates on project status and to manage emerging project issues
o Manages scope closely with clients and, as appropriate, defines change orders
o Works with clients to understand existing facilities standards and process or to develop and revise standards and policies as needed.
o Assists clients with the development of project bids, documentation and procurement of products and services.
* Project Leadership
o Defines project deliverables and deadlines
o Defines project workplans; manages and updates workplans throughout the life of the project
o Resources project workplans through internal and vendor resources. Ensures projects have the right resources available to deliver projects on time.
o Manages critical site information including as-builts and obtaining and distributing drawings and documents.
o Manages project dependencies to ensure coordination and on time delivery
o Defines and manages project budgets, billings and financial reporting
o Maintains all critical project documentation
o Manages vendor schedules, contracts
o Conducts project close out meetings and identifies lessons learned and opportunities for future improvement
* Communication Management
o Responsible for ensuring all project stakeholders have current knowledge of project status, assignments, etc.
o Attends all relevant meetings with clients, vendors, architects, construction management, etc.
o Produces regular status reports
o Manages the key interfaces with clients, vendors and internal staff
* Program Development
o Defines and documents key work processes for on-going services.
o Identifies opportunities for improvement and/or cost savings and shares directly with team or client
o Contributes to the ongoing WD set of standards and knowledge capital
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or a related field, or experience in lieu of education.
* Experience: 5 to 7 years of related work experience is required.
o Experience in architecture, interior design, facilities management or systems furniture is preferred.
o Experience leading complex projects is required.
* Subject Matter Expertise: Subject matter knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following:
o Architecture and construction (processes, projects, vocabulary, etc.). Must have the ability to read and understand project drawings and redlines.
o Facilities management, FF&E project management, construction project management
o Commercial office furniture systems and applications
* Project Management: must be able to lead complex projects in commercial interiors environments and utilize core project management tools. PMP certification is a plus!
* Team Leadership: able to lead cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to accomplish project results
* Communication: able to effectively communicate in person, in writing and when presenting to groups
* Influence: ability to achieve results through staff, vendors and customers
* Problem Solving: ability to quickly identify root causes of problems and generate appropriate solutions
* Organization and Time Management: ability to manage and track large amounts of project information and maximize personal time
If you have led project related to the design, build out, and management of commercial interiors, we would love to consider you. You will have a meaningful part of creating and managing some of the coolest workplaces in the Puget Sound Region.