Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team.
* Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
* Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
* Defines project scope and objectives.
* Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
* Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
* Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
* Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
* Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
* Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
* Performs all functional duties independently.
* Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in project management or related field, preferably in the area of software application development and/or related
* Experience with Agile Development, Agile coaching, and knowledge of Payroll processing
* Strong knowledge in Agile/Scrum processes and management tools such as VersionOne.
* Knowledge of and experience in an IT Service management System (preferably ServiceNow) and ITIL processes
* Proficient in the following qualifications:
o Ability to prepare cost estimates and manage budgets
o Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
o Effective liaison between business and technical teams
o Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
o Project Management / Project Planning on multiple projects
o Re-prioritize work based on changing business priorities
o Oral and written communication skills including presenting to Executive Level Management
* Strong knowledge in several of the following qualifications:
o Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
o Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
o Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
o Capacity Planning
o Problem/Risk Management
o MS Office Suite
o SOX compliance / PCI compliance
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel
* Broad knowledge of project management disciplines as outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge
* Extensive experience with managing software application development projects of various sizes, including client interaction and meeting facilitation
* Extensive experience defining project scope, developing work plans and project schedules, preparing project estimates, developing resource plans, and compiling project status reports
* Extensive experience managing heterogeneous project teams composed of resources from multiple vendors/organizations
* Extensive experience reviewing software documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, manuals, test plans/cases, test scripts and test reports
* Excellent communication skills.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Education: A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Washington, DC
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.