Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
* Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
* Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
* Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
* Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
* Provide guidance to project staff. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Build Alignment: Ownership to drive business impact and execute strategic projects
* Build Relationships: Work with internal business lines to bring all available solutions to problems
* Business Development: Engage with emerging and established technology companies to understand their business, technology and potential fit for Fannie Mae
* Inquisitive: Interested in and conversant about a variety of technology concepts; actively pursues continued professional development opportunities in emerging technology
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.