Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30536
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of strategic Information Security projects and programs, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. The Senior Project Manager will utilize the American Agile framework in the creation of full scale iterative project planning for execution of project goals and strategies. The Senior Project Manager will manage project scope, financial tracking, contingency planning, and risk mitigation to ensure projects remain on track. The Senior Project Manager constantly monitors and reports project progress to project stakeholders. Multiple project dimensions will be reported including project timelines, financials, problems and resolutions, change management, interventions needed to achieve desired outputs, and project retrospectives of results and lessons learned.
About The Job (Continued)
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Interfaces with project stakeholders at all levels of management to ensure project priorities are aligned with business needs and expectations when using the agile methodology
* Estimates resources, tracks financials, and collects artifacts
* Tracks, updates, and communicates project status in a proactive manner as it relates to project progress, budget/cost, resource utilization, change requests, issues, risks, and risk mitigation plans
* Evaluates the design and effectiveness of internal controls, and management's implementation of controls for assessment related projects
* Assesses recommendations for improvements in internal controls considering the costs and benefits of potential recommendations
* Effectively communicates recommendations to operating and senior management
* Ensures that appropriate project documentation and deliverables are clearly defined and delivered
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5 years of experience in IT Audit, IT Compliance, and/or Information Security
* 1 year of experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of projects to other members of a team
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* PMI or PMP Certified is a plus
* Broad experience with project management; planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
* Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings, including preparation of agendas, documenting meeting minutes, sending out documents to attendees
* Excellent leadership skills, team-focused with high energy and a positive attitude
* Ability to manage cross functional teams within a matrix environment
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Ability to effectively facilitate internal and external meetings, which often include many participants that may be in different locations
* Ability to effectively collaborate and identify solutions within cross functional team
* Experience working with procurement teams to issue and manage RFP lifecycles
* Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
* Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of experience in IT Audit, IT Compliance, and/or Information Security
* 5+ years of experience managing and delivering mission-critical, high-availability large and small IT development projects using structured project management and system development methodologies, such as Agile/Scrum
* Airline Industry experience
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30536
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Project Manager, Information Systems, Manager, Marketing Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Management, Marketing
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.