You excel in Project Management and Leadership - delivering projects on-time, within budget, with high customer satisfaction, and using innovative technologies. You have a passion to help empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through our AI solutions. As you are a keen learner, you are thrilled to continuously extend your mind, using and developing others' ideas and you are always asking yourself what's next. You have a desire to be on the edge of innovation and you are willing to help explore and invent the future. If this is you…then the time has never been better to contact us!
Microsoft Services Secure Infrastructure Team is searching for an experienced services Project Management professional to lead delivery of groundbreaking Secure Infrastructure projects at some of Microsoft's largest enterprise customers.
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our Project Managers (PjM) comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
* Five years of experience in technical project management
* Two or more years of experience participating in pre-sales or business development
* Two plus years managing projects involving one or more of the following: complex networks, cross-platform integration and large-scale, complex systems design and/or implementation.
* Preference for individuals who have been formally trained by Microsoft in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Solutions Framework, product futures, and / or relevant Certified Training in infrastructure and/or development areas associated with Microsoft's products.
NOTE: The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Location/Travel: You will be based in Las Colinas, TX. You can expect limited travel, less than 25% as the needs of the business demand.
Microsoft Services consists of 16,000 professionals worldwide, dedicated to empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We help companies realize the possibilities in a world where cloud and artificial intelligence can transform businesses and industries.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That's incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The PjM provides project management delivery services remotely from Microsoft Services US Delivery Center as part of overall consulting team. Lead Microsoft business contact for customers. Coordinates and schedules project resources. Enables development, analysis, deployment, and/or solution to remain on schedule and in line with the current capabilities and future directions of Microsoft products. The Project Manager is responsible for:
* Overseeing the delivery of a product/service/solution and associated resources within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget during one or more key lifecycle segments: opportunity, delivery or operations
* Manages key deliverables and associated project activities
* Strong business development skills in needs requirements and business case for projects, strong cross-group collaboration with sales, product development, partners and support
* Responsible for planning, executing, and controlling:
* Scope of project work, work objectives, deliverables, development of duration estimates and schedule, development of cost estimates, performance management of scope, schedule, resources and cost, project infrastructure to support communications and information needs, use and reuse of IP, support practice management in benchmarking and lessons learned to identify best practice and process improvements, continuous management of risk
* Quality to meet/exceed conditions of satisfaction, thought leader in project management in one or more key lifecycle segments: opportunity, delivery or operations
* Virtually manages Microsoft technical personnel in execution of project work
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.