University Of Southern California
We are currently seeking a Project Manager - Secure Connected Project (Senior Technical Project Leader) to join our Enterprise Portfolio Manager Office within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department here at the University of Southern California. The Project Manager - Secure Connected Project will be tasked with supporting various initiatives for the ITS Project Management Office (PMO). The successful candidate will be responsible for executing deliverables for the PMO including creating and managing comprehensive project schedules and plans, defining and maintaining the project scope to ensure changes are formalized through a documented change control process and supervising project resources to manage the completion of project deliverables.
The ideal candidate must possess five years of experience in Information Technology and at least three years of experience as a project leader managing IT projects. A Project Management certification (PMP) or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum as well as prior experience in both IT and non-IT project management are preferred.
This is a fixed-term position with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2021. This is a full-time role eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision plans, a competitive 401K plan, and education reimbursement
Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing information technology (IT) services and support to the university. ITS provides essential, university-wide services such as:
* Enterprise information systems
* University wired and wireless networks
* Educational Technology
* Research Computing
* IT Security
* Must have a Bachelor's degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
* Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience in Information Technology
* Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Leader or Project Manager
* Experience bringing the discipline of project management to an organization and managing diverse cross-functional teams
* Excellent data analysis and manipulation skills for the creation and packing of reports for management
* Experience coaching and mentoring project team members
* Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills
* Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Exceptional organizational skills to balance work and lead projects.
* Provides specialized IT services in the management, coordination, scheduling and delivery of large and/or complex technology-based specialized IT project(s) driving projects through various stages of the project lifecycle including project initiation, planning, execution and closure.
* Creates and manages comprehensive, realistic project schedules and plans in order to measure, manage and report on the delivery of projects on time and within budget. Reviews and evaluates project progress and recommends specific actions.
* Defines and maintains project scope. Determines need to change project scope and schedules. Manages project scope to ensure that changes are formalized through a documented change control process.
* Supervises project resources, as appropriate, to manage the completion of project deliverables through each stage of the project lifecycle. Schedules and assigns work to team members. Reviews team members' work and makes adjustments as needed.
* Demonstrates techniques, equipment or procedures to others. Maintains quality/quantity standards
* Builds project teams and identifies stakeholders. Communicates regularly and effectively with stakeholders, technical staff, senior level management and customers regarding project goals, objectives, deliverables, plans and status throughout the project.
* Provides a variety of project management and consulting services in such areas as data analysis, reporting and research including evaluation of software tools, new technologies and process requirements. Conducts research on new technologies as required
* Responds creatively to challenges and negotiations with staff, management, clients and vendors to successfully drive the project to closure.
* Develops and administers project budget. Provides forecasts and projections used to develop budget. Prepares financial status reports, as needed.
* Manages and supports the delivery of project documentation including budgets, business cases, scopes of work, memos of understanding, issue logs, operational turnover documentation and specialty documentation as required by each project.
* Provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff performing similar work.
* Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
* Project management certification (PMP) or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum
* Experience in both IT and non-IT project management
* Experience in higher education
* Experience in a cross-function business, non-IT environment
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Industry experience that includes at least 3 years as a project leader managing information technology projects. Broad-based knowledge and experience of information technology. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent data analysis and manipulation skills for the creation and packaging of reports for management. Experience managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time. Solid analytical and facilitation skills. Skilled in a variety of desktop software.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University Of Southern California
University of Southern California (USC) is a research university specializing in arts, technology, and international business.