For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
This position is responsible for leading all phases of the Standard Development Methodology life cycle for a project. Maintain and/or improve existing systems. Project lead is responsible for mentoring developers.
The Scrum Master has day-to-day responsibility for managing complex Agile software development programs and projects to completion. You will coordinate and lead the activities of multiple cross-functional scrum teams to complete IT projects that support the larger NMG digital business strategy and objectives. This position is responsible for managing and organizing resources, tasks, budgets and deliverables so that a project is completed within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
In performing these roles, the SM will be expected to leverage their prior knowledge and experience in blending traditional waterfall project management principles and practices with an Agile development methodology in the right proportions to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects. They will be expected to employ an appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
This is a project leadership and management role; however, the most successful candidate will also possess an exceptional customer-facing presence, where their years spent developing crystal clear communication plans appropriate for all levels of the organization will be on display. The breadth of their assignments will involve working closely with the technical team at the task level, and then being able to quickly pivot and provide summarized progress updates to the senior leadership team. Having a calm demeanor and possessing high levels of confidence when interacting directly with all levels of the organization are imperative.
* Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
* Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile project management
* Team Building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
* Drive the Technical team and the Product Owners in an Agile development process
* Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices
* Guards and shields the team from distractions and interruptions from external interferences
* Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions
* Promote and participate in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value
* Organize and facilitate standups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives
* Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Minimum 5 years experience leading software development teams consisting of both onsite and offshore resources, with at least 2 years experience as a practicing Scrum Master
* Demonstrate excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
* Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to work in rapidly changing environment
* Understanding of object-oriented development and software design patterns
* Experience in Agile / Scrum development methodologies and tools (Jira / Jenkins)
* Experience in eCommerce
* Understanding of multithreaded software design
* Experience with other Agile/Lean practices such as XP or Kanban
* Experience in a developer contributor role
* Participation in Test Driven Development or Business Driven Development
* Practice of Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance and personal characteristics:
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence effectively without direct authority, balancing between competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work up, down and across organizational levels.
* Strong business acumen, operations and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes.
* Excellent executive presence and a track record of success working closely with the C-Suite.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
BS or MS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline required
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) credentials highly preferred