Blackstone Technology Group's Federal Practice is hiring a Project Manager/SCRUM Master in the DC Area.
The Project Manager/SCRUM Master will be focused on work stream design and analysis, business process analysis, and lean process improvement; Serving as the primary POC, responsible for supporting the direction, architecture, and process of environments, development, and rollout.
* Management and technical direction of projects
* Potentially assume the role of Scrum Master when appropriate or necessary in addition to Project Management responsibilities
* Manage client delivery expectations and provide bi-direction status, feedback, and project updates to both the customer and the project teams
* Project performance including cost, schedule, deliverables, and contractual compliance, and is accountable for the quality and timely delivery of all project deliverable items
* Overall project/task performance
* Enforcing work standards, task schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising technical personnel, recommending project hires and terminations, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinate personnel.
* Assisting in the budgeting of required resources for successful project implementation and completion
* Works with federal and team stakeholders to establish a mobile architecture, plan, and deployment strategy.
* Generates the work products, establish, and maintain standards for these work products.
* Establishes procedures and deliverable quality standards for the team so that deliverables are accurately and consistently captured and documented.
* Works with customer teams to identify service enhancement requirements.
* Helps define how information systems may be upgraded or replaced.
* Conducts trade-off analyses on business and technical requirements.
* Has a working understanding of the applicable programming languages, operating systems, virtual environment structure, and databases that will be used on projects and programs.
* Develops and oversees development of manuals and other documentation for information systems.
* May oversee work of Analysts on other specific tasks.
* Manages interactions and support of multiple client, vendor, and customer teams
* BA/BS, preferably in business or a related technical subject area (technical, analysis, or mathematics) or equivalent expereince
* Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security Clearance (Active DHS clearance is a plus - U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for the clearance)
* Minimum 8-10 years of progressive project experience, most of which must have been in information systems development, project management from inception to deployment.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a team.
* Experience as a Scrum Master
* Experience as a SM, PO, proxy PO, and possibly an Agile Coach
* Experience with work stream design and analysis, business process analysis, lean process improvement, etc.
* Familiarity with government projects and policy/procedures teams
* Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills.
* Thinks creatively and demonstrate the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight. The incumbent should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups.
* Demonstrates a strong understanding of the design and architecture of complex information systems and the ability to communicate operational use of those systems to others.
* Demonstrates ability to support and assess technical requirements, and translate those needs into an actionable environment architecture, business and technical process.
* Demonstrates ability to interact comfortably with Senior Leadership and/or Government Executives and staff on a day-to-day basis.
* Demonstrates ability to manage multiple independent threads of work and interaction simultaneously.
* Demonstrates ability to manage complex, detailed processes and procedures, and the ability to translate details into actionable, understandable tasks for self and others.
About Blackstone Technology Group
Blackstone Technology Group is a privately-held global software technology and business consulting firm. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in San Francisco CA, Blackstone has offices in Washington DC, Denver CO, Houston TX, and Colorado Springs CO.
Blackstone Federal, Blackstone Talent and Trellis Energy help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blackstone Technology Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Blackstone Technology Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that possesses a multi-talented, diverse, and thriving professional community, we would love to hear from you!
If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.