Job Description Summary
Job DescriptionExcited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
As a member of the BD Pharmaceutical Systems Self-Administered Injectable Systems (SAIS) business, you will have the unique opportunity to play a vital role in the rapid scale-up of an exciting new business platform that will be a key contributor to BD's future growth. Our mission is to become a world-class, customer focused organization that will have a significant impact in improving how patients receive drugs for their chronic conditions. You will have the advantage of combining the best of both worlds: the agility and creativity of a high-growth, start-up environment, and the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company.
This team member should share our passion for excellence and innovation while actively building on their motivation to develop and build this family of self-administered injection products from the ground up.
The Project Manager - PMO is an Intermediate level Core Team Leader, driving a team of functional professionals from multiple functions, regions and external partners. They have overall accountability for project planning and execution, leading up to successful launch and commercial success. Project success is measured on schedule, budget and the ultimate Release of customization products or Platform changes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
* Leads product development efforts utilizing a multitude of processes and tools. Accountable for timely delivery, technical excellence and process effectiveness of product development activities while ensuring the implementation and rigor of BDM-PS product development processes and design control procedures.
* Accountable for designing and executing proper planning, including creation of the project work breakdown structures, identification of critical path and contingency planning, using appropriate project management software and tools. Maintains a high level of personal direct engagement in the day-to-day activity of the team.
* Leads multiple small to medium scale projects of low to moderate complexity.
* Develops technical and business process solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and/or customer needs.
* Follows processes and operational policies.
* Represents the organization as the primary contact on Development Agreements and Projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
* Ensures effective and efficient regular formal and informal communications with their core team(s) using a variety of tools and channels.
* Ensures that the appropriate resources are available for the project and contribute to the expected levels. Accountable for ensuring project resources are fully utilized and releasing them (completely or partially) as soon as workload permits.
* Communicates team strategy & plans, execution and results at various review meetings (e.g. PMRs). Makes the Platform and SAIS leadership aware of, and proposes solutions to, unanticipated or potential issues/concerns as soon as they are known
* Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
* Participates in Product portfolio road mapping exercises, Product development concept phases or PIR championing.
* May perform other duties as required
* Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or failure to assure completion of assignments will result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources and funds. Could also impact quality of product in the field if issues arise.
Education and Experience
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in science or engineering, post graduate a plus. Project Management certification a plus.
* Minimum 5 years proven experience working in a structured product development process, including Design Control and Process Validations.
* 3-5 years of proven experience as a member of a cross-functional Core Team (Member or Leader).
* Up to 30% travel domestic and international
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Project management: has experience and knowledge of product development, and the ability to lead product development project teams.
* Project & Cross-Functional Leadership - possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product. Able to lead in a matrix organization.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and engineering fundamentals.
* Solid interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills. Ability to build strong partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
* Customer Orientation. Demonstrate a deep understanding of customer needs and key objectives. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with customer centricity in mind
* Technical skills and deep understanding of functional product development processes and innovation processes within an ISO13485 or CRF820 part 21 compliant environments.
* Dealing with ambiguity: demonstrate ability to act in a changing environment. Effective change management skills.
* Optimized Execution and Performance - advances long-term growth while consistently meeting or exceeding near-term business performance expectations.
* Understanding of a wide application of business and program management principles, theories and concepts in the field.
* Experience with plastic design and injection molding preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.