At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker's Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of the Operational Excellence Program (Op-Ex) at MSK is to partner with key collaborators and identify projects and initiatives that deliver the ideal end-to-end, experience to every patient and family through a culture of innovation, teamwork and continuous improvement. Are you ready to join our creative team?
* Partner with all key departments across MSK and is accountable to drive their assigned project portfolio(s) prioritization, resource allocation, and delivery of project results across the enterprise.
* Manage one or more medium to large-sized projects with moderate to high complexity across business units or manages programs of projects collectively valued $2 to $5 million plus in incremental revenue and/or cost savings targets.
* Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of their assigned portfolio ensuring consistency with organizational strategy; commitments and goals.
* Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing projects to deliver strategic portfolio results; manage portfolio priorities and resource allocation, monitor progress and performance against the project plan; accountable for creating risk mitigation plans, and takes action to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
* Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project which may include facilitating alignment on the project charter, determining project metrics, determining resource types/expertise to staff the project, preparing designs and work specifications; developing project action schedules, multi-year budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors as needed.
* Knowledgeable in both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management methodology.
* Consistently self-directed and a self starter, leader and facilitator of group dynamics.
* Able to gather and analyze institution-wide and/or department-specific requirements and document business and system process flows.
* Oversee the timely and successful completion of large scale and/or multiple projects.
* Able to develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization and skilled at consensus building, conflict resolution and negotiation.
* Bachelor's degree is required; MBA, MHA, MPA or other relevant graduate studies degree preferred.
* 2-4 years consulting and/or large scale project/program management experience.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required or ability to achieve within six months of hire.
* Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting (strongly preferred).
* A high level of emotional intelligence with a broad communication tool kit that keeps people focused and brings out the best in others.
* Proven experience in strategic planning; risk management and change management.
* Exceptional communicator in both written and oral form; excellent business writing skills and able to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences.
* High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
* Familiarity with data warehouse querying and data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, Cognos) preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.