As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform project management responsibilities for the GS2 Tanks Team. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of vehicle design, qualification, and operation, while ensuring that the team completes its goals on time and within budget. This position will directly influence the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Engage in the entire design cycle of tank development including conceptual design, detailed design and analysis, qualification testing, integration, and mission support
* Collaborate with many internal stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with delivering the tank components for assembly and tank for testing and integration
* Lead team-based identification, decomposition, and estimation of work scope for full lifecycle hardware development
* Manage project schedule, resources, and cost - present status of effort, including risks, variances and recovery plans to program management
* Develop and integrate project schedule(s) within the integrated master schedule
* Perform schedule baseline change control, collect and track performance, conduct critical path and variance analyses
* Resource load, analyze, and optimize project schedule to meet required dates
* Plan to and maintain integrated budget forecast, as well as actual costs, and provided status including risks, variances and recovery plans to program management
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in an engineering field (mechanical or aerospace engineering preferred)
* 5+ years of industry experience in project management for aerospace or equivalent-type systems
* Experience leading at least 1 multi-person development project, managing requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, cost, and communications
* Broad/deep scheduling and planning skillset; Experience with large project controls, project planning and IMS; Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other software
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical work environments
* Experience and ability to work independently on rapid development programs
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* MBA degree, PMP certificate, or similar credential
* Attention to detail, organization, and high level of accuracy
* Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, ordnance, fluid/thermal/mechanical systems, structures, avionics, and systems engineering
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.