For more than 40 years, the name Samsung has been at the forefront of innovation. Samsung's discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough products have helped shape the history of digital evolution. Today, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Guided by a simple philosophy "Inspire the World, Create the Future" Samsung is committed to developing new technologies and innovative products that enhance the lives of its customers, employees, and the global community.
Samsung Electronics is the largest subsidiary of the Samsung Group, amounting to 70 percent of the group's revenue and reigning as the world's largest technology company with more than $200 billion in revenue. Globally the company has a presence in 80 countries and employs more than 270,000 people. Samsung is the world's leading provider of mobile phones, smartphones, and tablet computers-fueled primarily by the popularity of the Samsung Galaxy line of devices-and produces a wide variety of products and components ranging from color and mono-laser printers and copiers, virtual desktop infrastructure, solid state drives, set-top boxes, TVs, LCD panels, lithium-ion batteries, semiconductors, chips, flash memory, and hard-drive devices.
Samsung Electronics USA is a $40 billion dollar business with a vast portfolio of superior quality mobile and electronics products. The business also plays a leadership role globally for creating the best new and next-generation products and platforms. Samsung's vision is to reach and engage the consumer through revolutionary retail stores and experience centers.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
* Managing the end to end assigned project related to Samsung's wireless product line introduction to a major North American wireless operator.
* Acting as the single point of contact for all customer defined hardware and software requirements, managing the development cycle from initial ideation through an approved product ready for implementation at commercial scale.
* Driving the project through hurdles and championing the customer's needs resulting in a deployable product and technology.
* Reporting to executive leadership on progress, risks, and maintaining visibility at all times to the defined plan of record and contractual obligation.
* Establishing a robust change control mechanism that supports both the customer's requirements and Samsung's interests while documenting and facilitating all requests for change to the defined Plan of Record.
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
* Minimum of 10 years experience in either Product Development or Project Management of complex, multi-faceted wireless network-centric projects
* Bachelor's degree in EE or CS or equivalent work experience in either a wireless operator or OEM work environment
* Master's degree (preferably MBA) or PMP certification a plus
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.