We are searching for a Project Manager to ensure effective and accurate communication of Collaborations status in all stages of the their lifecycle, with a specific focus on our Audiophile and Mech Keys communities. Our enthusiast members are dedicated experts in their categories and are influential in the way we conduct business. In order to provide unique products for our community, we partner with companies that make products our members love and respect.
In this role, the Project Manager will define and improve workflow for Collaborations from product concept and design through to production to final drop. The Project Manager will collaborate with teams to ensure operational excellence, and will support additional projects as needed.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Architecting an end-to-end project management system - from ideation through to delivery of the product - including time management, costing, and ROI analysis for capital expenditures
- Creating tools for Product Managers (PM) to manage projects - from Contract Manufacturing to Co-Branded - across all assigned communities
- Develop costing and risk assessment tools - building in specific checkpoints to mitigate issues with product quality, cost, and delivery of production
- Monitoring progress every step of the way / auditing process to help PM's improve and stay on time and on budget
- Assisting PM's in developing project timelines and communicating with internal cross-functional partners to ensure successful launch process as well as delivery of product to the Massdrop warehouse
- Facilitating relationships with project management of production teams and contract manufacturers (both overseas and domestic)
- Provide accurate and up-to-date reports for key stakeholders and establish cadence for reports
- Identify project blockers and risks, provide mitigation options and drive process to resolve these issues
- Partner with Product Development and Production Manager to develop lead times, costing, sampling, pre-production, production, and delivery scheduling
- Coordinate with Logistics to determine packaging, quality inspections, and on time delivery to customers
- Manage relationships with internal cross-functional partners and Collaborations team members
- Responsible for all aspects of project management - including planning, organizing, scheduling, and tracking projects - managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Special projects will be assigned to this role, so a willingness to push up your sleeves and learn and grow
And here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience in operations, logistics, and R&D development
- Has worked on a minimum of 10 consumer products that have shipped
- Product Development skills (CAD/Solidworks, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or Engineering with MBA preferred
- Large Fortune 500 experience, start-up experience a plus
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams simultaneously
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities under demanding deadlines
- Strong communication skills, highly organized and detailed oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly to new information, assess impact and take appropriate action
This is a full-time on-site position at our San Francisco office.
Who We Are:
Massdrop puts community first. We create high-quality, custom gear, apparel, and products inspired and designed by our online communities. We provide over 5 million members a place to connect, discuss, buy products together, and learn about the things that are important to them.
We make products with input from our members and give them a place to connect, learn, and shop with people who share their interests.