The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing projects which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional systems integration, and supporting project operations analysis and reporting for each project/program. Success within our diverse range of clients requires the ability to adapt and perform numerous IT Project Management roles. Different projects will challenge you to succeed as a highly consultative project management advisor or to drive highly visible technical projects based on your planning, execution, and client relationship management skills. The position requires the ability to effectively lead, coordinate and drive functional teams, create and monitor work plans, issue / risk identification and resolution, quality assurance along with executive presentations and status reporting. The incumbent ensures project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters; and that there is adherence to quality standards. The incumbent also prepares or facilitates the preparation of project deliverables and communicates with company executives and cross-functional stakeholders regarding the status of specific projects as appropriate.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
* Demonstrated experience managing large-scale migration projects from on-premise resources to cloud with a focus on AWS
* Manage implementation projects delivering new cloud operating models and managing change during the transformation
* Develop integrated IT project plans to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables
* Support the triage and resolution of critical project issues and scope changes throughout the project phases
* Prepare and deliver (verbally & orally) effective communications regarding status of project for both internal and client teams.
* Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process engineering, and change management, as needed by the project.
Project Planning and Execution
* Leads large, global, and often, virtual groups of multi-disciplinary teams of highly-talented IT professionals to deliver impactful business outcomes
* Develops and refines project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
* Leads the execution of the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals
* Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
* Ensures a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members
* Records stakeholder requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter
* Documents and provides input to high-level risks and mitigation plans, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment
* Implements approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact on the project
* Establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders to assess and recommend optimal business and technical solutions.
* Maintains strong relationships with other departments recognizing dependencies and commitment to the project
* Coordinates custom solutions with other departments in the organization; Maintains and develops strong working relationships with K12 Business Owners
* Support and evolve project performance measurement and reporting using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
* Owns project budget/forecast process and related financial analysis and reporting, including capacity / resource utilization and alignment to financial system
* Motivates and manages the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives
Minimum Required Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree, in IT or related field • 4-5 years of experience in an IT Senior Project Manager role • 3-5 years' experience with (Agile) SDLC and Scrum • Eight (8) years of overall Project Management experience • PMP Certification • Experience identifying and implementing Project Management and Agile best practices • Vendor Management experience OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: • Successful tracking and schedule compliance with larger scale projects • Ability to work across multiple job levels in a matrix management environment to achieve results • Experience working in Agile project environment • Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven process • Consistent success in leading teams to meet aggressive deadlines • Demonstrated use of sound and proven project management practices and tools • Demonstrated skill with Project and Portfolio Management tools and concepts • Experience with resource management (labor models, time tracking, etc.) • Outstanding time management and organization skills Desired Qualifications: • PMP Certification • Experience in online education industry • Experience with Learning Management and Student Information Systems • Experience with IT release management strategy and best practices • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project; PPM tool(s)
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright © K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.