Project Manager, Level 2
K12 is a technology-based education company that offers proprietary curriculum and instructional support services to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. As the leader in K-12 online education for more than a decade, the company uses virtual public and private schooling methods to provide families with alternatives to traditional "brick and mortar" classrooms, giving children access to a high-quality education no matter where they are in the world.
We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work.
The Project Manager, Level 2, assists with project planning and support for one or more projects in the Marketing group.
AS A PROJECT MANAGER, LEVEL 2, YOU WILL..
* Assist in the development and refinement of project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources; also refines existing plans;
* Coordinate and communicate the execution of a defined set of tasks in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals; Work closely with stakeholders and creative team till project hand off or completion;
* Work closely with legal POC to ensure all assets are reviewed, vetted and distributed for all channels;
* Track changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes;
* Record detailed stakeholder requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter;
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders;
* Implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project;
* Assist with the evolution of project processes and workflow in support of the dynamic needs of K12's business.
IS K12 RIGHT FOR YOU?
* Do you communicate well?
* Can you build customer confidence?
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action?
* Is your manner honest and straightforward?
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines?
* Do you value others' opinions?
Requirements Minimum Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree(s) AND
* Three (3) years of project management experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Demonstrated awareness of project management practices and tools, as well as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Ticketing system
* Outstanding time management and organization skills
* Previous project management experience
* Experience in Agile methodologies
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)Familiarity with Microsoft Project
WHO ARE WE?
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright © K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.