Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
At Visa University, our mission is to create the future for learning at Visa. The Technical Project Manager will be a key leader who will bring this experience to life for our employees. This means you will learn something new every day, meet someone new every day and become a rock star in learning technology as you help deliver against our clear vision of offering learning opportunities to anyone, anywhere. This is an individual contributor role within Corporate IT in our Austin-based Technology hub. In this role you will manage the program and delivery of technical projects. Additionally, this position will be a primary point of contact for business partners to plan the technical delivery roadmap including the annual budgeting process, financial management of the portfolio, and coordination of delivery lanes. There will be significant collaboration with executive leadership, multiple Visa IT teams and third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications as well as multiple content providers such as Pathgather (Degreed), Cornerstone, Watershed, Pluralsight, Lynda, Safari and many others.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to evolve our learning platforms, be able to easily understand business goals/requirements and be forward thinking to identify opportunities that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative. We are looking for an expert in technical program and project management to join the Visa University team and help drive a learning culture across Visa.
* Project manage complex programs working with technical staff, business partners and management across organizational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule, and coordinate all areas to successfully complete phases and deliverables
* Collaborate with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce high quality project charters
* Provide leadership and oversight of program and project performance and ensure compliance with program and project management and information security methodologies
* Participate in the annual planning and budgeting process for delivery of the technology roadmap
* Prepare funding package documentation, including business cases/financial models and executive summaries, working with Finance, product delivery lane and engineering functions
* Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, and change control processes
* Own and communicate status and variance explanations to senior executives within the development and business partner organizations
* Provide thought leadership and recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment
* Bachelor's degree is required, focused on Technology, Business Operations or Information Systems; an MS/MBA is a plus
* Strong Technical or Functional background and 8+ years of proven program and project management experience leading technical teams in the delivery of medium and large scale packaged applications, operational and integration efforts in a highly matrix environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated in writing samples, plus an ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels
* Proficiency with agile/SCRUM and Waterfall development methodologies and experience in working with agile life cycle and/or tracking and process/project management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA, Microsoft Projects and Excel
* Working knowledge of the software development life cycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation production support, including quality assurance and system integration
* Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project/program management techniques, methodologies and best practices
* Strong analytical skills, with a minimum of 8 years in analysis and requirements positions
* High level of competency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and O365 collaboration tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.