JP Morgan Chase
Project Manager Lead
Req #: 190053967
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Project Management
The Commercial Bank Technology organization is responsible for the end-to-end technology environment supporting the Commercial Bank, a $7 billion business serving more than 24,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, as well as nearly 35,000 real estate investors / owners.
Commercial Banking Production & Infrastructure Management (PIM) provides end-to-end service delivery for all Commercial Bank. Our Mission is to provide value to our clients through technical leadership in development, delivery and support of optimized standards and innovative information technology solutions to support the needs of our employees and CB applications.
As a Project Manager within PIM, this individual will lead technical projects that support applications and end users from initiation through implementation. They will focus on creating the vision and framework that will achieve key business aligned goals with solution oriented thinking and effective project execution.
* Define scope, roles/responsibilities, requirements, design, budgets and measures of success with focus on prioritization and timely results to deliver project objectives
* Create effective project plans with appropriate tasks and milestones
* Manage and influence diverse, cross-functional project teams to ensure defined project objectives are met
* Run disciplined meeting with a specific purpose/agenda, the right individuals and clear outcomes/next steps
* Recognize Risks, create necessary avoidance plans and action early
* Detect and manage project Issues, taking corrective measures as necessary while providing timely updates to key Stakeholders
* Evaluate each project's progress and quality and course correct as needed
* Manage project budgets
* Provide timely project status reporting ensuring clear and concise messaging
* Communicate effectively using the right format and level of detail given the audience
* Identify ways to improve process/procedures to enhance quality and/or productivity
* Work with managers to define resource strategy, implement sourcing schedule and adjust resources and priorities as appropriate
* College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
* 5-7 years of IT experience, specifically an understanding of the end user technology arena and/or advanced knowledge of technology infrastructure (networks, firewall, distributed compute, cloud) in order to effectively manage infrastructure related projects
* Superior command of project delivery ranging from medium to high complexity initiatives
* Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills
* Able to develop and maintain strong business relationships
* Ability to identify, research, and escalate critical issues
* Results-oriented / delivery focused; ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to regularly communicate and work directly with Senior Managers, Project Managers, End User Managers and ancillary teams.
* Capable of proactive engagement of business partners and stakeholder groups (GTI) and influencing skills at all levels
* Demonstrated ability to drive cross-disciplinary teams
* Proven problem solving skills to manage through roadblocks and challenges
* Ability to proactively anticipate issues and resolve
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal
* Expert understanding of technology, network, operating systems, protocols, related to infrastructure execution
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.