Modell's strives to be your neighborhood sporting goods store. A family owned business since 1889, Modell's is the passionate sports enthusiast's place to shop. With a long history and vision that speaks to embracing and celebrating your passion for sports, Modell's is the place to work if you like a fast, fun, and exciting environment.
Modell's has a set of core values that guides us in our actions and in the decisions we make daily. As a Modell's Associate, you will be expected to uphold and demonstrate these values at all times. Our three most important values are: Listen, Respect, and Respond.
The Information Technology team is seeking a Project Manager to drive projects from inception and throughout the software development life cycle through closure. Projects may be part of a program or portfolio that are strategically aligned with the business and may be taking place in parallel or sequentially depending upon roadmap and priority. Projects may require different methodologies and approaches to yield a successful outcome that meets the needs of the business. Projects the PM may oversee include but are not limited to: Omni-channel initiatives (Point-of-Sale, BOPIS, mobile devices, web applications, BI implementation), Network/Infrastructure initiatives (WiFi, O365,) and Security initiatives (Monitoring Tool implementations, Security assessments) The PM will ensure strategic alignment with the project sponsor and IT leadership to carry out the approved scope and deliver on time and on budget. This position will be based in our NYC office.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a demonstrated success of medium to high complex project deliveries, preferably in the IT retail landscape.
* Manage and drive one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity for next generation IT initiatives
* Implement and follow formal project management processes and adopt the appropriate methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
* Identify and communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs, evaluate alternative business solutions and determine scope.
* Create project management plan and use change control to appropriately monitor and track against approved baselines.
* Track key project milestones and manages project plans, budget and/or resources to meet the needs of stakeholders based on agreed requirements and scope, using defined change control processes.
* Gather raw data and information to report on and effectively communicate relevant project information to IT Leadership, Project Sponsor and Key Stakeholders (including but not limited to progress reports, key milestone targets, risk and issue analysis/impact, budget, resources).
* Direct and monitor work activities on a daily basis, for both direct and indirect project resources, to ensure schedule integrity.
* Manage risk exposure and plan risk responses to reduce potential issues and implement contingencies. Escalate technical, functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
* Identify interdependencies with internal resources and 3rd party vendors.
* Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately in a repository.
* Record and continually update Lessons Learned to improve planning and course correction of similar/analogous future projects or project phases.
* Other strategic projects and initiatives as needed
* 5+ years of Project Management Experience required
* Prior experience managing IT Retail projects using 3rd party development and onshore/offshore delivery model, a plus.
* Experience managing Omni Channel related (POS, eCom, Mobile, etc), Marketing and/or Consumer Experience projects
* Digital and technical knowledge not required but preferred
* High energy, results driven focused on team building and collaboration
* Proven written and verbal communication and collaboration skills with ability to interface with all functions at all organization levels
* PMP Certification desired
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, and 401K, Life Insurance, LTP, a Vision-care plan, discounts on store merchandise and more.
Modell's Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship, or other protected classifications.