The Project Manager (PM), CSS Modernization Program is a member of the CSS Modernization team responsible for upgrading existing products and implementing a number of new products across the Sabre Customer Service System (CSS). The PM will primarily manage one or two work streams associated with the overall CSS modernization program by collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization to drive strategy, establish priorities, develop timelines, key performance indicators, designs, requirements, user testing and delivery. The PM will work in matrix teams including Business Partners, Business Owners, Product Owners and IT Shared Services teams to develop, enhance, or implement solutions that meet the business and customer need.
The PM will report to the General Manager, CSS Modernization Program helping to drive key decisions for the overall program and will be accountable for the identification and management of key issues and risks within their work streams, and will ensure any risks are accurately identified and represented at the program level.
The PM will be comfortable with maintaining a visible profile, communicating and building relationships throughout the organization, and will also be able to change priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
* Serve as a liaison between Internal and External matrix partners to determine prioritization of items, lead business requirements development, review current/approaching releases, coordinate testing/QA plan and ensure compliance with IT standards and procedures
* Project initiation: Define project high-level scope, establish stakeholders, and secure funding and/or internal resources.
* Project planning: Create requirements specification and project plan. Define project team. Establish resource allocation decisions with managers of each IT discipline. Coordinate business partner selection and contract management. Facilitate product purchasing. Establish success criteria.
* Project execution: Collect technical documentation, deployment plan, support plan. Interface between IT and business units and/or vendors.
* Project control: Manage changes, risks, scope, cost, quality, communications, time, and procurement.
* Project closure: Collect formal acceptance, evaluate established success criteria to determine success. Close cost accounts and contracts.
* Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies, audits, security, and regulatory requirements
* · Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree
* Four (4) years continuous project management experience with airline technology or CSS related products (revenue management, customer support, airports etc.)
* Ability to translate technical knowledge into business terms and present operational information to executive leadership
* Experience with industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, Agile etc.)
* Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word and Visio
* Experience managing a budget processes and ability to manage and track large project budgets
* Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
* Strong Business Partner management, negotiation and resolution skills
* Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills
* Flexibility, agility and change management skills
* Strong teamwork skills
* Self-motivated and the ability to work with little supervision
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to tailor communication style to different audiences, and to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.).
* Available for occasional overnight travel (15%)
* In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Experience managing cross-functional, medium-large-scale projects with internal teams and external business partners
* Extensive knowledge of Sabre's suite of products across core CSS as well as end user business products and processes
* In depth knowledge of Incident Response, and Incident Management processes and technology.
* Exposure to JetBlue's IT disciplines and Interdependencies and business units and how their needs drive IT strategy.
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy, Security Policy, and behavioral standards
* Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top