Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30307
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities for multiple projects utilizing Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Manages/oversees all aspects of multiple simultaneous fast-paced assigned projects with distributed teams
* Designs and maintains project vision, project working standards, and agreements
* Develops project roadmap, release plan, resource allocation, funding request, communication plan, risks and issues management plan, test plan, and defect management plan
* Manages project scope, budget, project burn charts, presentations to IT/Business, daily standup, agile ceremonies, backlog grooming, and retrospective sessions
* Implements Agile methodology using Rally and Planview tools
* Facilitates project meetings (all Agile meetings - Discovery Sessions, Iteration 0, Iteration Planning, Demo & Retrospective, Daily Stand-up, Backlog Grooming); completes project tracking/analysis reports
About The Job (Continued)
* Tracks, updates, and communicates project status in a proactive manner as it relates to project progress, budget/cost, resource utilization, change requests, issues, risks, and risk mitigation plans
* Interfaces with project stakeholders at all levels of management to ensure project priorities are aligned with business needs and expectations
* Ensures that appropriate project documentation and deliverables are clearly defined and delivered
* Experience workign with Agile teams
* Acts as a liaison between business units and 3rd party vendors
* Uses business analysis techniques for gathering and documenting complex requirements, scoping, interviewing, facilitation, system component design, testing, and implementation
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience
* 3 years of experience managing and delivering mission-critical, high-availability large and small IT development projects using structured project management and system development methodologies
* Proficiency in Rally, Planview, VersionOne, or similar Agile life cycle management tools
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Excellent leadership skills, team-focused with high energy and a positive attitude
* Strong analytical, estimating, and problem solving skills
* Ability to think strategically and develop tactical methods to achieve objectives and goals
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment with geographically dispersed resources
* Broad experience in a variety of computing platforms, such as mainframe, client/server, web, cloud, and social media
Qualifications (Continued 1)
* 3+ years of experience in Agile methods and mindset as an approach to software development
* 3+ years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience
* 3+ years of experience managing and delivering mission-critical, high-availability large and small IT development projects using structured project management and system development methodologies, such as Agile/Scrum
* Airline Industry experience
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30307
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Project Manager, Engineer, Developer, Mainframe, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.