IT Project Manager - Primary Purpose / Job Summary
This position is responsible for planning & delivery of assigned IT projects with a strategic impact to the Science & Technology business function. Responsible for planning, coordination and delivery of assigned projects within the information technology department.
Oversees all aspects of assigned projects and ensures commitment to scope, schedule and budget are met. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, manages schedule & key milestones and summarizes project progress. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments contributing to the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status and health of the project.
Responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget and meeting the desired outcomes and business requirements. Responsible for tracking project milestones, anticipating risks & issues, proactive risk mitigation and making recommendations to business and IT leadership to achieve successful outcomes.
Fluent in PMO methodologies and standards with planning, development & implementation experience. Experienced with IT SDLC methodologies and delivering projects using a combination of waterfall and agile delivery methods. Proven record of leading project execution activities in a complex matrix environment to deliver results for business and IT stakeholders.
May require a bachelor's degree and at least 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects including:
* Defining project scope, roles, tasks, milestones, budget and measures of success
* Developing project estimates, plans and approaches to manage end-to end project execution
* Ensuring that business requirements are captured accurately and completely
* Use disciplined project management methodology to define scope, develop project plan, and execute projects that adhere to guidelines and deliver within cost and schedule
* Strong cross-business unit / functional IT communication, influencing and negotiation to drive project results
* Ensuring project closure including completion of lessons learned and required documentation
Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks including:
* Monitoring projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress/quality and managing issue resolution
* Monitoring financial performance, risks, issues and actions and and escalating to project leadership when required
* Develop robust project risk management plans to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity
Responsible for building and leading effective project teams including:
* Using problem-solving/critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges
* Managing communication with project team members, key stakeholders and sponsors
* Adapting to cultural and organizational climates across global team
* Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrix environment
* Work with cross-functional team, contractors, and vendors to deliver critical projects
* Experienced with leading projects in a structured PMO environment. Creation, management and ownership of key deliverables in a PMLC / SDLC framework.
* Prior experience of working in a hybrid environment with 2-3 years of Agile experience preferred.
* Experienced with implementing Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities in an enterprise environment and delivery of analytical solutions to meet strategic business objectives / requirements.
* Knowledge of business processes and IT technology in a Big Data / Data Warehouse environment and ability to lead and guide team members to achieve project results.
* Expertise in creating work breakdown structures, risk management techniques, cost estimating, schedule development and other concepts associated with project management methodologies.
* Experience with Microsoft Project Server.
* PPM tools such as Innotas (Planview), Clarity or Plainwares
* PMP Certification
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.