The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Role SummaryThe Project Manager for the MSG Ventures Interactive group is responsible for assuring the high-quality, timely, and on-budget delivery of the projects undertaken by the Interactive Concept Group. Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Use Agile production methodology to assure the Concept Group's timely completion of three to four software releases per year.
* Manage, with Executive Producer's oversight, the budget of each software release from pre-production through development and user testing.
* Assure the smooth flow of information between Concept Group personnel, including game designers and artists, engineers, and leadership.
* Manage daily scrums and bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives in accordance with Agile best practices.
* Manage communication and technology adoption schedule between Concept Group and Palette Group engineering teams.
* Manage communication and relationships with third-party vendors, including domestic and international outsourcing groups, QA, and user testing team(s).
Special projects include, but are not limited to, establishing new vendor relationships, management of local and remote QA and user experience tests, and helping to evaluate new technologies and methodologies for the team.
Schedule and Budget Management (65%) The Project Manager shall be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the master delivery schedule for all MSG Ventures' Mass Interactive Concept Group software, including the timely and complete launches of user tests as well as polished software. The Project Manager shall further work with the Executive Producer to prepare and maintain a budget for such software development, including internal and third-party expenses.
Further responsibilities include establishing an Agile workflow for the team, establishing and successfully maintaining a steady development and release cadence, and projecting future project deliverables with a high level of accuracy. This includes running daily team stand-ups, bi-weekly planning and retrospective meetings and other components of Agile production methodology.
Information and Relationship Management (25%)
The Project Manager shall assure that Concept and Palette Groups share information and progress regularly, and that Concept Group is kept apprised of forthcoming changes to all relevant internal and third-party software and platforms. Project Manager shall liaise with third party vendors and partners, assuring that both technology and relationships are maintained and that both formal and informal support is available both for and from the Concept Group.
Special Projects (10%)
The Project Manager will be responsible for occasional special projects including planning of QA and user testing sessions, departmental summits, and collaborating with Information Technology to assure that Concept Group's development hardware and software needs are met well in advance of all future
* BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience
* 4-6 years of Project Management experience, games industry experience strongly preferred
* Superior communications and team management skills
* Passion for playing and creating games and a deep understanding of what makes great games great
* Experience as an Agile scrum-master or product owner, deep familiarity with Agile methodology (Scrum preferred)
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office and JIRA project management software required, familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, Unity, Trello (or comparable Agile PM software, such as Pivotal Tracker, Asana, etc.) and other common games industry software preferred
* Additional games development skills (game design, game art, graphic design, QA or Engineering) a definite plus
EducationCandidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role. EEO StatementAt MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
About The Madison Square Garden Company
The Madison Square Garden Company is a live sports and entertainment provider.